Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

BDK Native Apps - Build before you buy

Hi Bubble Community & @gaurav ,

In the BDK plugin documentation #9 Play Remote Video File (link below), what element can we use to display the video?

Bubble’s native video player’s “Video source” only allows Youtube or Vimeo. What element can we use to access files from the database and play them using this workflow?

Thank you so much for the help!
Jason

1 Like

Hello guys,
I got 2 questions here:

1. I am trying to use stripe to charge the customers within the app but it doesn’t seem to be working. no action is occurring.
  2. I am trying to use twilio video chat but it doesn’t to be working either.

I would appreciate all the help I can get since these 2 are the most important features with my app.
Thanks

1 Like

@gaurav With the $ 16 BDK plugin, is it necessary to do the $ 349 conversion?

the $16 BDK plugin gives you early access to use their features only to use and test in your app. But to create builds/deploy, you need their $349 service (or lesser if you go for ios or Android alone).

Hello. Will this screensaver adapt to different phone screen sizes?
http://joxi.ru/vAWG6x7CB3dLDA

Hi @gaurav

i am about to start on the mobile app. Can you please confirm if i can create a page like Mobile instead of using the index?

I read in other resources that my mobile app should ideally be on the index page.

Just trying to check if BDK native apps allow using any page other than index to create the native apps.

FYI: i will use index for other purpose and there will be separate Dashboard app too under the page called App. And they will all be linked to the same Database

1 Like

Hello folks!

I’m another happy BDK native customer and @gaurav 's fan.

There is one thing that I’m struggling with and that is the Android Back Button, so wondering how you folks handle it.

In my case - I use a combination of Bubble’s go to page and BDK’s Navigate to link options to take my user to a different page. The BDK’s navigate to link works as intended, but tends to be a lot slower than Bubble’s Go To page and hence my question on how the android back button works in this environment.

My workflow is as follows:

When ELEMENT A is clicked on Page A ----> Show Element B (a loader or a pop up that is not visible on page load) ------> Go to Page B.

Now when I press the android back button from Page B, it goes to Page A, but the Show Element (pop up or loader) is showing up.

Even if I do a ‘WHEN ANDROID BACK BUTTON IS PRESSED’, go to page A, in the workflow, it goes to Page A and the pop up is still showing. It kind of seems to ‘remember’ the flow before it actually went to Page B.

I’ve even tried 'WHEN PAGE LOADED and ELEMENT (pop up or loader) is visible, hide element. Doesn’t seem to work.

Would be obliged to have any help in this case. Or should I bite the bullet and add the Navigate to link (with condition of for native app), in all my workflows that involve going to a different page. I have 350 of them. :sob: :sob: :sob:

Thank you in advance for your help.

I was wondering if someone could explain how to set up TestFlight on an iPhone so that I can test my BDK Native application features. Thanks

Trying to find out how to sort my user contacts using the BN Addressbook container in the BDK plugin. Contact currently users native contact display in App preview as a random order, and i need to be able to sort the Contact Name JSON alphabetically to display the user device address book alphabetically in the app. Anyone with experience with BDK Address Book Container?

@gaurav Hello Gaurav! Please tell me, will the application be able to work offline if the connection is lost?

I development an application for builders and they sometimes have a bad connection at the facility. I need them to be able to enter data offline, and when the connection is resumed, it’s all uploaded to bubble live.

Can it work like this? If not, how can it be implemented with the involvement of programmers?

This is very important to me, thank you!

1 Like

Hi, @gaurav

Web app do not work when the screen is off or the browser is on background. Geolocation for example or detect a database update.

After conversion with BDK, will my app work in the background?

Thanks for the attention!

1 Like

Curious, any issues with the new responsive engine? Or is building a mobile app with BDK supported by the new responsive engine… if not when will it?

I don’t think I can go back to the old engine ever again!

1 Like

Hello. Anybody here? I see a lot of questions not answered and I’m about to go down this path.