Best approach for many API calls

Hello Fellow Bubblers.

In my continuing quest to use Bubble for every task, I’m working on a new proof of concept.

Here’s what I need to do:

1. Import a list of defined terms (roughly 7,000 items).
  2. Submit each term in the list to two different external APIs.
  3. Add the results from each API to the record for that term.

By way of analogy, think of this app as a tool to combine multiple dictionaries. Each term gets looked up in Dictionary A and then in Dictionary B. The definitions get returned and stored in the database table.

So naturally, I created a database table with 4 fields: terms, apiA_result, apiB_result and processed (yes/no field). I’ve set up API connector to talk to API A and API B, and I imported a CSV with my list of terms.

I want to be a good citizen, and I’m not in a rush, so I want the API queries to go out once every few seconds, not all at once.

Last, but not least, it is likely that some terms will not be found in either API A, API B or both, which of course will generate an error.

I was thinking I should use either a scheduled or recursive workflow, with an appropriate delay, to just grind through the list. I’m not sure I have my head fully wrapped around either.

Also, I set up a page with a button to manually trigger a subset of terms. If the term doesn’t exist for one of the APIs, the error appears to halt the workflow. Worse, it triggers a system popup in the web app (informing me of the error) and the popup has an okay button that has to be clicked to dismiss it.

What would be the best way to achieve what I want and not get tripped up by errors? All suggestions welcome.