Best way to set up my project for a developer?

Hey, Bubble community!

I’m almost ready to hire a bubble freelancer to work on some backend stuff for me (not UI). What would be the best way to set this up to maximize efficiency and time?

1. I do the entire UI/site layout - and all the developer has to do is come in and connect the elements in the backend.
  2. The developer connects everything from the start and then I come in and make the website “look pretty”
  3. Other.

Thanks,

Wes

I suggest it has to be some interactive option 3 because nothing is so linear where you can do either option 1 or 2 with a high degree of outcome certainty. Also, you want to learn what your developer does so you can tweak and reuse their technical expertise as opposed to going back to them the entire time.

Having said that, it should start with the UIUX so I would do an iterative process where you are building UI first as the developer is filling in the gaps as you go.

4 Likes
  1. If you want to save cost and control the look and feel of the web application.

2. I never recommend this, you will either end up with bugs, unresponsive designs or a delay of your final product.

3. Only if you feel comfortable with it and you don’t want to focus on the technical side of your startup.

As an agency we focus on the last one, we typically work with clients who focus on the business side of their startup.