Better Uploader [UPDATED 2023] ☁️

Any idea rough timeline for the launch of Cloud Companion?

I saw in the thread that you’re busy with work + exams.

Just wanted to say you’ve got a future paying premium customer here :raised_hands:t3:

2 Likes

Hi everybody.
I have challenge with the plugin, as I see it is a great and fast uploader, but I struggle to properly save and assign the data.
I have a button that starts the process:
1 step: Button is clicked - the file is sent to cloud.

What step 2 I need to create so that this file would be put to data tab in Bubble.
Have in mind I have a few buttons which send files to cloud, so I am looking for a workflow solution, which can help me upload 4 different files, specific to the user and put them to the database.

Thank you so much :slight_smile:

The problem with developing Cloud Companion right now is that since the plugin team is overhauling the plugin api, I am not sure if I’m going to have to rewrite some things or do things a different way. I am communicating with them right now

Once you “Send File to Cloud” you can use the event “File Upload Process is Complete”. In that event, you can perform an action (e.g Create a thing, make changes to a thing, etc…) and use the Better Uploader’s “Uploaded Data” exposed state, which is the URL of the uploaded file.

Cheers

1 Like

Hi Jonah.
Thank you for your feedback, but as it used to somehow work before now I am struggling to upload a file and assign it to the place in database.

The steps are:

1. Create a database element which is a file and this is the place where I would like to have a file in the end.
    2 Button which when clicked sends the file to the cloud. (Send File to Cloud)
  2. When the upload operation is complete I want the flow to changes to User so that his document equals the uploaded data - but I cannot match it. (I cannot by some reason use changing of a thing as there is no previous data there)
    Nor with Better Uploader Raw Data nor Uploaded Data.

You see what I can potentially do wrong, as I couldn’t find the answer to this nor in the tutorial nor in the testing page (which both are pretty cool btw.)

Ignore my previous request, I have already found the problem.
Thanks for all!

@jonah.deleseleuc a humble request, if you could consider allowing access to the files sizes along with the names, and URLs for uploaded files… currently the data is in the exposed states as files sizes, but no matter how many ways I try, either there are repetitions in sizes, or the sizes do not correspond to the file names…

I tried getting them from the raw data as well, but I am unsuccessful…
Any ideas to point me in the right direction…

Hi there,

I got around to testing the event. It is working for me on the demo. I am showing a better toast when the event is fired.

Please have a look:

Cheers

Hi can i got the metadata of the uploded file with this plugin ?

Is the drag and drop working for you guys? I am testing it on both the PC and the mac and it doesn’t seem to work… Upload via file explorer works perfectly though… Curious why i am unable to get this to work…

Have you checked the demo editor?

Just confirmed it’s working on my end. You’re going to want to make sure you have…

1. Set the maximum amount of files
  2. Set the maximum file size
  3. File Uploads enabled to “yes”

Have a look here and let me know if you still need help

and @arumizan what metadata? That’s a little general…

Cheers

Yep… Kindly check the screenshot below…

Sending you the video recordings via DM…

1 Like

Hi @jonah.deleseleuc ,

when i’m droping one or more files on the uploader, i have the raw data that is filled with the file(s).
But when using Send file to cloud, i got this error :
Capture d’écran 2023-03-07 à 15.59.43

if click on the Uploader and select one or more files through the system OpenFile window, it works perfectly.

Any idea ?

Best regards,

Guillaume

1 Like

Yup,

I’ve identified a few issues with the latest release. Fixing now

Guillaume,

You also have to make sure of something. First of all, make sure that file is valid is yes. The reason is that sometimes we make an error with the limit file types field.

Double check that and get back to me please :slight_smile:

Cheers

UPDATE 5.3.2

Fixes & Improvements:

• fixed issue that affected “has a file(s)” event when user’s would drag-and-drop a file.

• fixed issue with uploading when user’s would drag and drop files

• fixes to the reset function

• made ‘limit file types’ a lot easier. You don’t need to worry about capital letters or spaces anymore. The following works “.png, .jpg, .pdf”.

• Uploader keeps placeholder after a file is uploaded. What this means is that you have more control about what you want to show in the uploader. If you still want the upload percentage or the file name(s) to be in the uploader, you just need to set the placeholder to “Better Uploader’s raw progress” or “file(s) names”.

• Cleaned & optimized code. Should make debugging easier in the future

New feature:

Added debug mode. This checkbox enables many useful console logs in the browser. It will give you information about if there are any file valid errors such as the incorrect type, too many files, upload condition is set to no by accident, etc. It really helps avoid situations where you spend a lot of time trying to debug a silly mistake in one of the fields!

Cheers!

@gmaison @kryptonium

4 Likes

Hi Jonah,

Thanks so much for the plugin! It’s definitely one of my favorite bubble plugins, and your youtube video is very thorough and easy to follow!

One question: Do I need to use the wait please plugin when I want to create a thing every time a file is uploaded? My workflow is listed below and the issue I ran into is that the “create thing” action would return duplicates while missing others. In the debug mode, I can see that the [BU File is uploaded] event fires X times for X files uploaded but the “create thing” action seems to get confused about which uploaded file to use.

[BU has a file(s)] —> Send file to cloud BU
[BU File is Uploaded] —> Create Thing (field IMG = BU’s Uploaded Data:Last item)
[BU Upload Operation is Complete] —> Reset Group

Tho I was able to get the job done by changing my Thing’s field to a file list and set list = BU uploaded Data in the [BU Upload Operation is Complete] event, I am still curious on how to properly use the [BU File is Uploaded] event to create a thing every time it fires.

Thanks a lot!
Max

1 Like

Thank for the kind words!

I’m not sure what happened here. The Better Uploader file is uploaded event is fired after a file is uploaded. If it gets confused, maybe because of the speed of the different uploads. I would suggest trying to use the :item # rather than last item. You can tell how many files have been selected by using the rawdata:count

So, what you can do is for every file that is uploaded, you can add item # n to the new thing that is created. You can save the number of files in a state to keep track of where you are in the upload process (e.g 1/5, 2/5, etc). I can see a few ways to make it 100% sure it works as intended, but I think the common thread is to use the item number rather than last item

1 Like

Wow to the super fast response and an even bigger Wow for the item# method! I’ve never thought of using a state for tally purposes, but it happens to work perfectly since the WF fires multiple times. That’s awesome!

Many thanks once again - have a lovely weekend ahead!

1 Like

Always glad to help. If you’d like to support me don’t forget to leave a review & checkout my other plugins here :slight_smile:

Cheers!

1 Like