BOX Plugin Instructions

Firstly, a note about box. If you have an individual account you will follow the same steps as an enterprise account. An Enterprise ID is something you can get as a free individual or a major account holder! The fact that you can sign up and purchase an enterprise account is not what gives you an enterprise ID. Business accounts have an enterprise ID but if you’re a free account holder by logging in as a developer seen in step 1 you will also get an enterprise ID.

1. Go to developer.box.com and login with your box account to enable yourself as a developer.

2. Once in your developers console click “create new app”.

3. Now choose Enterprise Integration.

4. Choose 0Auth 2.0 with JWT (Server Authentication).

5. Give your app a name, click create then click “view your app”.

6. Scroll down to add public key. At this point you will be asked to setup 2 step authentication so if you have not already done so proceed with that now.

7. Open you bubble editor settings and navigate to the API tab, click download public JSON web key.

8. Copy the entire contents of the text file into the public key field in the box console.

9. You will now see a short public key id – copy and paste that into public key id in the box

1. Make your “application scopes” & “advanced features” (if you change any of these settings at a later date you must follow step 16 except choosing to reauthorize the app to makes the changes take effect).

1. Now scroll up and copy the Client ID – Paste it into BOTH Client ID & API KEY sections of the box plugin.

2. Copy the client secret – paste it into the client secret section of the box plugin.

3. Now click “general” tab on the left hand side of the box window, find the User ID & Enterprise ID – copy them into the User ID & Enterprise ID sections of the box plugin.

4. Now on the top right of your browser click the account dropdown (seen as a head icon), select “admin console”.

5. Now on the top right of your browser click the gear icon, Select business settings.

6. Click the tab “apps” – Scroll down to custom applications and click authorize new app.

7. Enter the Client ID – the same as the API key you put in the box plugin. Then click next to Authorize.

8. That’s it, you can now add upload elements in the editor and set the storage to box!

Good to know:

• Uploads will go to your main accounts content – inside a folder that you set for the upload element.
  • Deleting a thing will remove it from bubble as a data record so it is gone as far as the app is concerned, but the file will remain in your Box account.
  • Don’t forget you can set the privacy setting in data, then privacy in the editor.
  • When you drop a file into an element it is uploading to box already.
  • You should treat the upload as if it’s uploading to bubble and still create a thing so you can reference the data.
  • Yes this method will still limit you to 50mb uploads, keep an eye out for a plugin I am developing to supercharge your Box integration soon!

Let me know if this helped you out, if your still stuck let me know and i will see what i can do to help :slight_smile:

• Yes
  • No
0 voters
20 Likes