Bubble + Airtable, address field type

Hello there,

I am using Airtable as external database. The plugin to connect works great. However, when I initialize a base I cannot specify a specific column is an address and Airtable does not have a address/location field type.

This is a problem, because, when I specify airtable as source for the list of location to show in a Map element, there is no field that is considered an available option for the address field.

Anyone had the same problem? Which workaround do you sugget me to implement?

Thanks a lot!

3 Likes

hey @ric2 , were you able to sort this out? having the same problem
I managed to get the ‘location’ field from my Airtable data, which are coordinates, however the map is not reading it.
The same coordinates (text) coming from Bubble DB work fine on the map

1 Like

No, O didn’t figure it out yet. It’s very annoying

1 Like

So after browsing for a bit through the forums, seems like multiple people are having the same problem yet no one from Bubble has offered a solution or guide so it seems like no one can use the Google Maps APIs on their applications. :neutral_face:

This is what I’m trying to do also. Anyone figure out a workaround?

Use the Airtable api instead of the plugin.

And what about this solution,

the data that you have in the Airtable, double them in your DB (copy or write through the API, or something else), in your DB, you’ll have a field Geographical addresses, after that, the Map’s Data source will be your DB respective type like:
Data Source Search for Locations (DB type, that is similar to your Airtable), and a constraint that helps to match your API data with your DB data.

Something like this:
In my case I’m calling for data through API from a Google Spreadsheet, the Data type are locations (cities).
As a first step they are saved as a State, that’s why you see there as a constrain that Place_name is in a page state, but you can get it directly from you API as well

If my explanations are not very straightforward, let me know I’ll try to make it more clear.

1 Like