Hi Bubble community!
I’ve been around since 2016. It’s been a long road for Bubble and for me. The platform is evolving for the better, I’m constantly learning a lot with the very helpful community.
However, there’s one thing I’m quite appalled: the bug report and the customer support.
I always try to avoid it because, firstly it is usually on my side (!) and secondly it is like talking to chat robots (with exceptions of course). Maybe I’m out of luck. What about you guys?
Lately I described in details 3 bugs:
- On the first one, I’m told that my bug report is quite technical (only Bubble vocabulary however) and I should record a video. And if a third part plugin is involved, look for help from the community. The problem is that the bug happened with or without third part plugin…
- On the second one, I was surprised by bug messages in the debugger and the page code. I was given a clear answer even though my bug report was read too fast in first reading, multiplying the number of messages
- On the third one, I suspected that the Bubble API connector wasn’t working properly and asked for information regarding parameters sent (debugger kept minimizing and server log only showed the http response). I was told… to look for help from the community again, even though it was about parameters sent by Bubble. I had to write a python script, executed it in the cloud and shared the cloud log with the support team to prove my point. As you may guess, no every Bubble coders can do that.
In conclusion and from my perspective, the Bubble support:
- Probably read too fast the bug reports
- When they are escaladed, the support tends to say that this is not their issue because it involves vaguely a third part (hence the chat robot)
- A kind of limited will to really investigate the bugs
I know it is not easy to discover new subjects at each ticket and have a relevant answer. This is why I recommend to Bubble management to monitor the KPI “Number of messages sent/received for the same ticket” instead of “Average response time” or “Number of tickets handled per day”.
Curious to have the point of view of the community. As I said, maybe it is just me.