Bubble down 22nd March - DDoS and other Issues

Things aren’t quite back for me, stuff is still down/loading slow and I just got a weird error from the forums itself telling me too many connections. Email tells me it’s resolved, but I’m not seeing the evidence of that yet.

Exactly, so I think this is more specific to how the Sender deals with an error and not as much related to how Bubble works

1 Like

Please bubble, enable bot fight mode and under attack in Cloudflare dash

3 Likes

Very hard to build that kind of monitoring in, especially if you’re not running the platforms yourself. Ideally outages are all or nothing, so no one is confused, but the ability for partial saves to happen is always a risk.

Right. (Also I tried to heart your comment but got a 429 error from the page :laughing: )

2 Likes

+1 too - 80% of what we’ve built for clients is workflows triggered by 3rd party webhooks & scheduled workflows. Bit of a disaster if they aren’t going to run

1 Like

Great question, I’d like to know more about this as well @sam.morgan

1 Like

The internet is a series of tubes! And unreliable ones at that. Years of building these kind of automated/scheduled systems have taught me to build everything so that it’s

1: safe to rerun (tasks try to “clean up their mess” before they start so a rerun doesn’t duplicate anything)
2: if a run is delayed, the next run will sweep up everything that should have happened in the meantime.

Recovering a scheduler from an outage can be a huge pain in the a-- if there are a lot of built in assumptions about reliability. As Ive learned the hard way

4 Likes

I have a follow-up question: Does anyone have information on whether the plugin that sends offline alerts is effective in detecting disconnections when the webpage is not connected?

My editor is working fine now but can’t load preview or prod

2 Likes

Still down for me at this time. how about everyone?

1 Like

Uber slow loading times for me

Yes, still down for me as well

Still down here…

Your app is loading… not :joy:

abajo para mi

1 Like

I have a feeling that i have built my app with many built in assumptions on reliability.
What are good ways to avoid this? How does one implement checks and corrective workflows in bubble?

I understand this is a very open question, but if you have any pointers or forum posts it would be greatly appreciated.

4 Likes

Oh sorry to be a bother!

1 Like

Redacted. We not back.

1 Like