Bubble editor and Macs

Is there any known problems with the bubble editor and Macs?

I’ve been using a windows laptop (I’m a windows gal :laughing:) but it’s been struggling a little so I pulled out the MacBook and it’s been handling it a lot better as it has more RAM.

What I’ve noticed is that all the little plus signs next to groups in the element tree

to expand to see the child elements are missing in the editor - in both chrome and safari on the Mac.

I opened the editor in chrome on the windows machine and they display like normal.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is it a known problem???

This is how it is in Chrome on windows with the plus signs - they just aren’t there on the Mac
image001

They’re there on mine :man_shrugging:

dammit!

So frustrating :weary:

Make sure you’re on the latest version of your OS and that Safari is up-to-date to and then do a hard refresh

Dear god - now I have to find out where to check for updates on a Mac :sweat_smile:

Struggling as I use keyboard shortcuts a lot and they aren’t the same as windows…and I think I need a different keyboard… :rofl:

1 Like

Google is me and my macs best friend. Google always tells me how to take care of my Mac. :joy:

If you click only show hideable they come back. It’s actually a feature.
@equibodyapp

1 Like

Work fine on my Mac & Chrome?

Screenshot 2021-10-23 at 11.07.41

Hey @equibodyapp :wave:

I work on a Mac and it’s works wonderfully. Fast as lightning. :zap:

As @chris.williamson1996 said. Just probably need to uncheck the box that says only show hideable.

Does that solve the issue? Or is it something else? Maybe show a screenshot of your Mac in the same area without the plus signs so we can see what it looks like.

Hope that helps! :blush:

@j805 www.NoCodeMinute.com

For All Your No-Code Education Needs:

1 Like

Man…now I feel a bit silly :sweat_smile: I think it’s always been ticked by default for me so have never noticed. Interesting that the same login in the same editor has different defaults :thinking:

If I knew how to screenshot on a Mac I would :laughing:

It’s definitely nice and fast in the editor and I’m slowly getting things set up and used to where all the functions are…and getting used to the mouse scrolling the opposite way :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Glad you got it!

CMD+shift+4 to screenshot just a clip
CMD+shift+5 to screenshot or screen record

@equibodyapp

For the mouse go to system preferences → mouse → natural scrolling :grinning:

1 Like

OMG this saved me - it was just another thing I was grumbling about ‘Mac users’ hahaha…

Thanks everyone…getting the hang of everything on the dark side now! Once I worked out where all the settings were and how to find things…and the windows keyboard conversion for the Mac shortcuts ( :rofl:) the rest has been pretty seamless…everything is running faster and…I feel a little bit like I’m betraying my roots a little here…but the Mac does have a nice feel to it :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome to the side :smiling_imp: I love my mac for the pure convenience of apple key chain, simplicity of iPhone/AirPod sync, easy WiFi from phone teather without turning on the hotspot, and many other factors but the #1 thing that keeps me around is the cmd key being in a logical position for hot keys :joy: windows computer keyboards place Ctrl in such an odd place to reach if you’re using hot keys consistently. All my windows laptops I had to switch the ctrl and alt keys functions because I was so used to mac placement :man_shrugging::joy:

A few apps I’d highly recommend that you’ll probably love are:

“Better snap tool” for windows like window snapping

“Paste” - anything you copy goes into an easy to use list you access with cmd+shift+v
So you can copy many different things and access them without having to go back and fourth to copy paste. You can also save categories of things so i have a whole category of JS/CSS/HTML snippets I can select and copy/paste at anytime easily with cmd+shift+V

“Scratch paper” - A note pad icon that goes in your status bar that never erases or resets that stays above all windows even when not focused, great for multi tasking or quick simple notes when going through documentation so you don’t have to keep switching from chrome to notes or Google docs.

Thanks for the tips! I’ll check them out :slight_smile:

I am definitely enjoying how easily everything is syncing (I use an iphone) - so between that and google account (for chrome settings mainly) I’ve been able to move to Mac without too much pain :slight_smile:

Re mac apps, recently discovered and now can’t live without - pika colour picker

1 Like

What do you use it for?

“copying” colours I see and want to know their hex code (especially greys) , and checking that 2 colours have sufficient Contrast Ratio. There are plenty of colour pickers around - I like this one the best :slight_smile:

Ah cool! Very handy :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.