Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Bubble Iteration

Hi

I am new to bubble but have been coding for 4 decades so am struggling a bit with the no-code terminology. Perhaps there should be a developers guide to Bubble.

So I have a text list field {“a cat”,“dog”,“friend”} - i.e. a field with a list in it.

I would like to generate a boolean calculated field based on the presence or absence of a value in that list. e.g. if I have an Id field and a list field…

> Blockquote
1 {“a”,“dog”,'cat"}
2 {“fred”,'bill"}
3 {“sam”,“cat”}
4 {“bbb”,“dog”,“cat”}

> Blockquote

The above (sorry if poorly formatted - editor is sub-optimal) should return 4 values when looking for “cat”: {1,0,1,1}

Every time I try to do this it seems to decide I am looking for “cat” in the concatenated (no pun intended) column of values.

Coding - this would be simple, absent code it is like dungeons and dragons… you are a dark room and have a candle but no matches…

All this data is in a Bubble table “Voulnteers” - I have tried a few variations like:

"Search for Volunteers’s tag contains ‘cat’ "…

but it just wants more because it sees me as searching the entirety of the search call, not the specific iteration of a return value - so how the (*&%^) do I do that and why is this so complex?

thanks

@andrew.waites

:search :filtered

In the filtered constraints click to choose a field and scroll down and choose “advanced” …. this will enable you to build expressions using “this thing”

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.