Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Bubble Page to PDF - New Plugin from Zeroqode

Hello @ZeroqodeSupport

I have the same identical (I think) problem as @richardfrantzen

I added the ConvertortoPDFv2.0 element to my page.

It’s a VERY simple setup. Just ConvertortoPDFv2.0 and a BUTTON.

In my workflow, when you press the button, it executes the action
Generate pdf from HTML server-side ConvertortoPDFv2.0 A

Then, I set a “When ConvertortoPDFv2.0 uploading to AWS is finished” trigger that would execute an action (in this example case, I just put “HIDE THE BUTTON” as a dummy placeholder action, just to show you).

Well, NOTHING gets executed. The action never happen. I tried with many other different actions beside this, and THEY DON’T get executed at all.

I don’t get anything useful in debug… everything seems dead, no triggering, nothing.

I’m attaching some screenshots to show you my correct settings

• “Files upload enabled = yes”
  • “Upload file to AWS” is checked
  • “AUTO Save PDF” is checked

If I open Chrome’s inspect console, I see these errors:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 400 (Bad Request)
9moyjhx2ce.execute-api.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/HTMLtoPDF:1

Uncaught (in promise) Something went wrong
testing_pdf:1

You can see my app here:
https://master-chiara-balleri.bubbleapps.io/version-test/testing_pdf

Unfortunately I can’t add you as a collaborator because my PERSONAL plan won’t let me do it.

But I can give you any further detail you needed to help you solving this.

PLEASE HELP… :sob:
thank you
Alex

@promotika,

Thank you for sharing the details of your issue. Have you tried to set 0 values here?

Please check and let me know.
Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

@ZeroqodeSupport

Oh yeah !!! It worked perfectly !! ( and ehmmmmm… we wonder… why ?? What’s the correlation between padding values and the plugin failing in such silent and weird way ? )

Anyway, thank you so much for your immediate and efficient assistance !!! :black_heart:

Now it generates the PDF correctly ! And it’s super ultra high quality, it’s “vector” ! This is EXACTLY what we needed for !

Please, let me say that we tried EVERY other PDF plugin on the Bubble ecosystem. For some reason or another, they’re all unusable, in most cases they’re:

• Buggy
  • Slow
  • With crazy prices (especially those ones based on external APIs )
  • Based on workarounds
  • Poor quality of PDF
  • Poor Assistance / Documentation
  • With absurd workflow logic

We spent weeks and weeks, looking for a working and reliable solution.

Until we found your Plugin. Well, now we can say that YOUR PLUGIN IS REALLY THE BEST on the WHOLE Bubble system. There’s no comparison with others.

We can’t still believe that we have finally been able to produce VECTOR QUALITY PDF. We have been stuck for almost 1 month now, we were desperate… I confess you that we were arrived to consider to abandon Bubble platform because the lack of a decent PDF generator.

Your product is a LIFE-SAVER and we’ll be relying on it for all our current and future Bubble apps. It’s a MUST HAVE.

:red_circle: :red_circle: :red_circle: IMPORTANT :red_circle: :red_circle: :red_circle:
p.s.
just a suggestion: please indicate this “PADDING” thing somewhere… maybe in the documentation. Or, even better, MAKE THESE ZEROES VALUES DEFAULT… because since it’s such an important thing (despite we can’t still understand why?) this prevents the whole plugin from working correctly, this could cause the user to go crazy… because there’s no evidence anywhere that it could be such a “weird” thing causing the PDF generation to silently fail

_________

:arrow_forward: :arrow_forward: :arrow_forward: :pray: :pray: :pray: PLEASE, KEEP proceeding this way, always maintaining and improving it… The Bubble system really needs TOP plugins like yours !! And last, please, keep this good and affordable price.

Our best congrats from Italy to your team, THANK YOU AGAIN :top: :champagne:
Alex

1 Like

Thanks but the below answer to put 0(zeroes) into the padding settings solved it for me as well. I would highly recommend you do add those zeroes from the start :slight_smile:

1 Like

@promotika,

Thank you so much for your kind feedback and a plugin review! It means a lot for us to receive such warm experience expression from our users. It is a pleasure for us to see our users happy. :heart: :hugs:

Please be sure I’ll add now the info to the plugin documentation or ask our dev to check out the padding values to disable them as obligatory from the plugin (or make them default, just as your suggesting). Sorry for this inconvenience. :pray:

@richardfrantzen,

Glad to know it helped! And sure thing, we’ll fix this :slightly_smiling_face:

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

1 Like

Quick question, can you add multiple element IDs to be ignored? It seems simple but I cannot find a working way to add a second ID after typing in the first one.

Thanks!

Hello, @melbournemarsden!
Thanks for your question.

It should be possible to add multiple ignore IDs. Let me please check it with the team, in case if some gone wrong with this field. I’ll get back to you asap. :pray:

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hi @levon, I just purchase you plugin and it very appreciated. I do have an issue though. I want to use a popup to create my invoice to PDF what I just did and all my data is showing fine.

It was working esealy on a page but in a popup I get a black page and I try single with ID on the popup but with no luck. Am I mising sometinig.

I have a repeating groud of invoice and I want to click on a cell to start the download, I don’t want to show a page before.

Thank’s for your help

I was having the same problem @rtanguay - getting a blank pdf whenever I try to print pop-up content.

I’ve now managed to get it to print by implementing a delay in my workflow, after loading the pop-up, and before generating the pdf (“Add a pause before next action”). Looks like the pop-up was not loading in time for the plugin to take the snapshot with contents to convert to pdf.

@ZeroqodeSupport I’m struggling to find guidance on how I can do a pagebreak on items within a repeating group.

Context: I have a repeating group and I want to display each cell’s contents in a new page. The cell’s contents might grow to be larger than one page, but regardless of that, I want to be able to force a pagebreak for every new cell.

All content in my Repeating Group’s cell is enclosed within a group element.

So far I have tried the following:

• Setting a static ID Attribute on the Repeating Group’s cells. I.e. all cells have the same ID Attribute. This doesn’t work and the contents of the repeating group are actually not shown in the pdf at all.
  • Setting a dynamic ID Attribute on each of the Repeating Group’s cells, with an integer value. I.e. all cells have a different ID Attribute (e.g. 1,2,3,4,etc). This gives me an error when trying to generate the pdf, saying that the inputs are incorrect (assuming because of the integer value format).
  • Setting a dynamic ID Attribute on each of the Repeating Group’s cells, with a text value. I.e. all cells have a different ID Attribute (e.g. “cell1”,“cell2”,“cell3”,etc). The pdf renders well but the page breaks do not work.

Any thoughts here? Thank you :pray:

Thanks for your tips @luke7 but unfortunately it does not want to print my popup at all. The plug in is on my popup but it only print my page even with the popup ID.