Bubble Page to PDF - New Plugin from Zeroqode

I’m having a similar issue. Normal as of Thursday. Currently, Japanese fonts are not printed.

Hello @Rob_07,
Please accept our apologies for the late reply. :pray:t2:

Unfortunately, the issue you have reported is not reproducing on our side. Due to the fact that we have some additional questions regarding your settings, can you please add our Support Team email to the list of collaborators to your application? And please let us know the page where you are using the plugin. This will allow us to check your settings and run some tests to fix the mentioned problem.

To add our Support Team as a collaborator, you need to do the following steps in the Bubble Editor:

Settings > Collaboration > Add email support@zeroqode.com

Thank you! We will do our best to assist you to resolve this issue. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello @NoriPAPA, @vrest-cheerfun
Thank you for reaching out and many thanks for reporting this issue. :slightly_smiling_face:

Indeed, there is an issue with Japanese content on our side. We will check it with our Developer Team and will revert to you with an update. :pray:t2:

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

1 Like

Thank you for your response.
It would be helpful if you could improve it quickly.

1 Like

Hello!
As I understand, it is impossible to create a pdf and attach it to an email with this plugin correct? The only thing that can be done is create a PDF, store in it my database, then attaching an AWS link which opens to that PDF?

I followed the instructions for attaching a pdf to email, and this is the outcome. It would be nice if we could attach an actual pdf file instead of a link to one.

I’m not missing something am I?

I have the same problem and it is very urgent, I hope you can fix it as soon as possible

It does not display Japanese

Hello! @projectmuse.dev
Thanks for your message.

Yes, you’re right. Unfortunately, we are unable to attach the PDF as a file. We need to save the URL of the resulting PDF file as a “text”, so we can only send the URL (Link) of the PDF via mail. Apologies for the inconvenience. :pray:t2:

In case we can help you with anything else, please let us know.

Hi! @saito
Thank you for reaching out.

Our developer team is currently investigating this issue and doing everything to fix it as soon as possible. Please be sure that we will get back to you once the investigation is completed. Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused. :pray:t2:

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

1 Like

It seems that the size of the browser affects the look of the PDF. Below are two examples using your example page. Is there a way to make the PDFs consistent regardless of the size of the browser?

@jose1, I’m using a group that has fixed sizing to keep formatting/spacing consistent across all devices. Typically you’ll take whatever responsive page element you want to turn into a PDF, and make a copy that is fixed in its width, at least. For some of mine, they are one-sheet documents, so I make the height and width fixed.

The fixed-size group stays hidden/collapsed until the user clicks the download button, then it shows (below the viewport, typically) for a brief moment so ZQ’s plugin can make it a PDF, then I hide the fixed-size group after the PDF is created.

(Optional)
If you pair this with a 100% width floating group that shows some kind of “download will start soon” or “creating your document now” message and select to ignore floating groups in the PDF convertor element settings, the user never knows what’s happening behind the floating group, so it doesn’t even matter if suddenly the width of the page underneath becomes 3-4x the viewport width. They’re none the wiser. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@ZeroqodeSupport I’m having an issue with a small element that’s a specific size. The plugin is generating a PDF, but it’s completely blank. This is happening when using the “custom size” option and setting it to 243, 153 pixels (the exact size of the element). I’m trying to let the user generate a student ID card, so the size needs to be a standard ID card sizing.

If I select “letter” size, the convertor generates the PDF, and it’s not blank–which is good–but the formatting and image quality with “letter” size become really bad, I think because it’s trying to stretch a 243 x 153px box into the size of an 8.5" x 11" document.

I really just need it to be exactly the size I specify, if possible.

We’re using this plugin for a one-page 8.5 x 11 standard “letter” document with no problems so far, but this smaller size ID card is giving us trouble for some reason. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Hello @jose1,
Thanks for reaching out!

The plugin is designed to convert to PDF the content of the page it “sees” on the page load. If the page viewport appears a mobile size - the resulting PDF file will contain a document with small pages, mobile-sized, just as it was previewed on the device before the conversion.

As a workaround, we can suggest you create a non-responsive page with the convenience for your design and formatting which will satisfy your needs as a resulting PDF file after the conversion.

This means, you can create a separate page with the content you want to convert to PDF having the same formatting and sizing, and open and convert it, instead of a responsive page that’ll adapt for the device viewport and change the PDF file layout after conversion.

Hope it helps. In case you have any other questions, please let us know :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @samnichols!
Thanks for reaching out.

We’ve tried to recreate your use case and the issue you’ve reported is not reproducing on our side. We’ve created a test page with a basic setup as an example for you, here: zeroqode-demo-01 | Bubble Editor

Could you please check it on your side and compare it with your setup? In case that does not help or you meant anything else, please share the screenshots and screencast of your setup, the issue you see, expected result, for the screencast recording we can suggest using the Loom tool.

Looking forward to your reply. :pray:t2:

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

1 Like

Thanks for the response! I switched to the backend (new) version for the workflow action, and it’s generating a PDF now that isn’t blank, but it’s changing the text colors for some reason. Maybe for this particular use, since all we really need is an exact screenshot of an element on the page, it might be better to use a plugin that does screenshots instead. I didn’t realize your PDF plugin retains text formatting for the PDF, which we don’t want for the student IDs.

Hello @samnichols,
Apologies for the late reply due to the weekend. :pray:t2:

Unfortunately, we couldn’t reproduce this issue on our side. Would it be convenient for you to provide us with access to your app in order to test the issue in your app environment?

For this please add our support@zeroqode.com email as a collaborator of your app (disregard the warning, our email can be added to the collaborator list even if your app is on the Free plan).

This will help us a lot to investigate your issue.
Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Did you try using a group that has colored text inside? From the demo you sent (which I really appreciate your setting up, btw), that example had a group with a background image, but I’m not sure if you ran other tests I wasn’t aware of. We’re using groups with text inside pulling in dynamic data, and some of the text colors are changing.

Hello @samnichols, :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, we’ve tested the plugin with a group that has colorful dynamic texts and the plugin did not affect any text color on our side. That’s why to investigate the root cause of this issue we need access to your app to perform tests and investigate the content of the page you are going to convert using our plugin. This can save some time for all of us.

Or, please provide as many details as possible, to make us able to investigate and reproduce the case you’ve faced. Any screenshots/additional explanations will be highly appreciated. :pray:t2:

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hi, I have a huge problem with converting popup to pdf.
I’m using the newest version of the plugin.
I’m using new version of convrter (server-side) and I inputed the ID attribute both on the popup and converter.

The problem is that it’s creating a pdf cutting half of the popup (half of page is the popup, half is empty like he cannot detect the popup but a part of page).

It’s cutting vertically (left side of the pdf page is the right half of the popup, and right half of pdf is empty/white)

Best,

Ivan

Hello @krivicic.ivan,
Thanks for reaching out!

Can you please provide more details on the issue that you are having? Particularly we would like to see the screenshots/video recordings of this issue and your setup. This will help us to understand what might be the issue and provide a solution as soon as possible.

Hope to hear from you soon. :pray:t2:

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hi.
It’s simple as I wrote.
If I put a ID attribute on the popup element, I cannot get it to convert into pdf.
Best,

Ivan

Hi! @krivicic.ivan,
Thank you for the details. :pray:t2:

We have replicated your use case on our demo test page and the issue was not reproducing, unfortunately.

Due to the fact that we have some additional questions regarding your settings, can you please add our Support Team email to the list of collaborators to your application and let us know the page name where the issue is found? This will allow us to check your settings and run some tests to fix the mentioned problem as soon as possible.

To add our Support Team as a collaborator, you need to do the following steps in the Bubble Editor:

Settings > Collaboration > Add email support@zeroqode.com

Note: avoid the warning message regarding the plan, as we are an agency and you can easily add us to your collaborators.

Looking to hear you soon.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Your Demo page is not functioning for page to pdf using the new version. My app suddenly stop working when exporting the page to PDF.

I have waited for over 5 minutes but nothing happens. it will work on a single element that has only few element… but if I use single element that contain the whole page… it will not do anything.

It will not work on the whole page with or without floating group.

Hello @toyjonah,
Please accept our apologies for the late reply. :pray:t2:

It’s currently under the developer’s investigation. We will get back to you once we have any updates. Thanks for understanding.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team