Bubble Page to PDF - New Plugin from Zeroqode

I confirm it is working again now ! As usual, thanks for your responsiveness and swift fix :heart:

Just out of technical curiosity, can you tell us more about what it was ? :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile: working now

1 Like

Thank You for the swift response. Up and running again

1 Like

Hi @craig.morris,

We’ve fixed the issue with large files. Please upgrade your plugin to the latest version (1.80.0.) and give it a try. :slightly_smiling_face:

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

1 Like

I am seeing this weird issue, when reading the pdf on iphone in gmail or file, I see a light colored blob around the button (Ask EdgarGPT questions about this filing). But if I view the same file on desktop in gmail or pdf, no blobs around it.

the pdf file is here 1677339133392x594687446408558700-1.pdf - Google Drive. Any idea what could cause that? The element around the button has background set to None.

Hello @whycu,
Apologies for the late reply. :pray:

Unfortunately, we were unable to reproduce the issue on our end. Yes, when we download your file there is a background behind the button on the mobile, which is quite strange. However, we tested the same scenario and can view the PDF on mobile (downloaded file) without any problems.

So, to speed up the investigation process, would it be possible for you to add our support@zeroqode.com email to the list of your app collaborators? Please let us know the page where you are using the plugin and a step-by-step guide on how to reproduce the issue (here or via DM).

Disregard the warning, our email can be added to the collaborator list even if your app is on the Free plan.

Thank you!

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hi, can we please have this video reuploaded / sent again? We are struggling to get repeating group page breaks (or any page breaks) working. Thanks.

Hello @epemberton,
Thanks for reaching out.

1. place the plugin element on the page, and make sure “file uploads” = yes
  2. assign an ID to your repeating group;
  3. assign an ID to the group inside this repeating group (that has the content you want display on separate pages after conversion);
  4. use any element to trigger the “on-click” event
  5. attach the “Generate pdf from HTML server-side ConvertertoPDFv2.0 A” action to the event from the previous step, and:
  • choose the “Convert target” = single element;
  • insert the repeating group’s ID into the “ID” field and the group’s ID into the “Pagebreak ID” field - Screenshot by Lightshot

Here is a video recording: Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom

In case the issue still persists, please share details of your setup (screenshots, video recordings). :pray:

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

I have a group that has several subgroups and textfields within it. I set the max height of the outter group to 50% of the screen height since the full content can be quite lengthy, so it scrolls vertically. When I do the PDF export it seems to cut off at the visible line of the space. Does anyone have a good work around for this?

If I do some type of loading screen and temperarily make the bounding group as large as needed to fit all content but it is larger than the screen height, will it still get cutoff or is this the route I need to go down?

Hi @brian.farkas,
Thanks for reaching out!

This is because the Bubble Page to PDF plugin functions similarly to a “screenshot maker,” which requires it to “see” the content it is converting to PDF. As a result, the page must be fully loaded in order for it to be converted to PDF. In this case, it appears the only way to view all the content in your use case is by scrolling the page.

Apologize for the inconvenience. :pray:

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Thanks, if it is visible on screen(dom) but the computer screen is cutting off will it cut off too?

Also is there anyway to do a calculation to insert page breaks?

Hi @brian.farkas,
Apologies for the late reply due to the weekend. :pray:

No, this will not affect it. If the content is fully loaded, it will be visible on the PDF without being cut, even if it does not fit the device size.

As for the page break functionality, your plugin setup should be the following:

1. place the plugin element on the page, and enable file uploads there (“yes”);
  2. assign an ID to the parent group, in which your page content is placed (for example, “page”);
  3. separate the content of this parent group into 2, dividing it into 2 pages that you want to have as a result. Name them, for example, page_one and page_two;
  4. assign the “Generate pdf from HTML server-side ConvertortoPDFv2.0 A” action to some button that should trigger the plugin’s conversion work;
  5. in the Convert Target dropdown choose “Single element” Screenshot by Lightshot
  6. in the ID field assign the ID of your parent group (“page”) Screenshot by Lightshot
  7. in the Pagebreakers ID field insert the IDs of your child groups (“page_one…”) Screenshot by Lightshot

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hi @thies,
Thanks for reaching out!

We have also received your message on our forum and replied to you. Please feel free to continue your conversation in this regard within the ZQ forum thread. :pray:

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Thanks, unfortunately that page break won’t work for my scenario since I don’t have a good way to know the size of any group at any time. Thanks for the response though!

Hello @brian.farkas,

Yes, unfortunately, in this case, your content may not fit the page format. We can recommend you place your page content inside groups with equal size (w/h). In this case, you can choose the “Single element” + “Custom format” + “Pagebreaker IDs” and indicate your custom page format (w/h).

In case we can try to help you with anything else, please let us know.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hi there
i am not sure why but when i am downloading the PDF i am getting a weird empty space - do you know how can i avoid this?

on the page it’s looks good

Hi @amitshemla,
Apologies for the late reply. :pray:

We kindly request that you provide us with additional details regarding the issue you are encountering. Please provide screenshots and screencasts of your whole setup, with the expected result.

For screencast recordings, we suggest using the Loom tool.

Your cooperation in providing us with these details will be greatly appreciated and will assist us in identifying and resolving the issue as quickly as possible.

Thank you for your assistance in this matter.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport
My app is ready but my client can’t use it since the export to pdf is not working perfect
Can you please help me to resolve this issue?

Send you also in a private message a loom link :slight_smile: thanks!!

Hi @amitshemla,
Thanks for the details.

We have received your query and have responded via DM. Please check your inbox. :pray:

Hope to hear from you soon!

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

hi @ZeroqodeSupport

I installed the plugin and it works great. But is there a way to download certain pages in the same document in both portrait and landscape format with this plugin? Because my doc constists of both portrait and landscape pages.