Bubble Page to PDF - New Plugin from Zeroqode

Hi @star23
Thanks for reaching out!

Please note that you should create a group containing those elements and add the group’s ID to the page break ID field (i.e. not the ID of a single element you want to set as a page break). So, if you want to make a page break after 3 of them, you need to group these 3 elements, assign an ID to the group and indicate it in the page break ID field.

Your plugin setup should be the following:

1. place the plugin element on the page, and enable file uploads there (“yes”);
  2. assign an ID to the parent group, in which your page content is placed (for example, “page”);
  3. separate the content of this parent group into 2, dividing it into 2 pages that you want to have as a result. Name them, for example, page_one and page_two;
  4. assign the “Generate pdf from HTML server-side ConvertortoPDFv2.0 A” action to some button that should trigger the plugin’s conversion work;
  5. in the Convert Target dropdown choose “Single element” Screenshot by Lightshot
  6. in the ID field assign the ID of your parent group (“page”) Screenshot by Lightshot
  7. in the Pagebreakers ID field insert the IDs of your child groups (“page_one…”) Screenshot by Lightshot

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport,

Thank you for the quick reply and the explanation.

One thing I forgot to mention earlier is that not always the same element will be the pagebreaker. Basically, the content of the element I want to print will be dynamic and divided into multiple sub-elements (repeating groups to be exact), and depending on the length of each element’s content, a different element will be the page breaker. Since I can’t have dynamic groups, is there a way to make this possible with the different IDs?

Thank you so much!

Hi @star23,
Apologies for the late reply due to the weekend. :pray:

No, unfortunately, it is not possible to insert page breaks with different IDs depending on the length of the elements. Sorry for the inconvenience.

In case we can try to help you with anything else, please let us know.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hi there.
I’m running into an issue where some icons don’t show up on the first PDF that is downloaded. However, when I download a second one, they show up. See example bellow.

I have a group element that is hidden. Once the button is pressed the element is shown, a PDF is created with the plugin and the element is hidden again. Any possible fixes for this?

First download:

Second download:

Workflow:

Hi @rocco,
Thanks for reaching out!

The most probable reason is that the plugin does not have enough time to convert the group properly after you show “Group PDF”.

So, could you please try to use “add a pause before next action” after you show your content? This should help. :slightly_smiling_face:

In case the issue persists, please let us know.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport !
I tried to use a glass effect using css:

#backdrop-filter {
-webkit-backdrop-filter: blur(14px);
backdrop-filter: blur(14px);
}

If I’m not mistaken, the plugin doesn’t work for this use case? Would you have a workaround solution if the plugin can’t reproduce the blur effect in the pdf output?

Thanks!

Hi @reallyreallywant.app
Thanks for reaching out!

Let us please investigate it and we will get back to you as soon as possible. :pray:

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

1 Like

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport

Any update about the backdrop-filter? :slight_smile: Thanks

@ZeroqodeSupport my settings are correct but the PDF generated continuously comes up blank. Even when I select to export whole page instead of a single element, it is blank. The page is fully loaded forsure since I left it there for minutes. Still no luck.

I am trying to export a resume for users and this seems like only plugin that exports PDFs with highlightable text. Any tips?

Hello @rod.danan,
Thanks for reaching out!

Would it be possible for you to provide us with additional details, such as screenshots or video recordings of your setup and the issue you see? This would greatly assist us in better understanding and addressing the issue. Thank you for your cooperation. :pray:

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hi @reallyreallywant.app,
Thank you so much for your patience. :pray:

Unfortunately, we have some sad news to share with you. After thorough investigation, we have discovered that the root cause of the issue is the browser itself, and as a result, we are unable to resolve the issue from our end. Apologies for the inconvenience and hope for your understanding.

If there’s anything else we can assist you with, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

1 Like

Here’s a Loom of what’s going on: Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom

Hi @rod.danan,

We appreciate your prompt response. We have reviewed your setup, and it appears to be correct. In order to assist you further and resolve the mentioned problem, could you please add our Support Team email as a collaborator to your application? This will allow us to run some tests to fix the mentioned problem.

To add us as a collaborator, please follow these steps in the Bubble Editor:

Settings > Collaboration > Add email support@zeroqode.com

Note: avoid the warning message regarding the plan, as we are an agency and you can easily add us to your collaborators.

Thank you for your cooperation, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hey @ZeroqodeSupport

I’m facing a problem with fonts, it seems the plugin exports the font selected on the element (editor). In my case I’m using Google Fonts but using css because I’m allowing users to choose the font from dropdown then and I apply the font/css on the text element, as of now the font doesn’t apply when the PDF is exported.

Can you support this?

Hi @vascolucci
Thanks for reaching out!

Let us please check it, we will get back to you as soon as possible. :pray:

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hi @vascolucci,

To conduct thorough tests and investigation, it would be helpful if you could grant us access to your app. If it’s convenient for you, please add our email, support@zeroqode.com, as a collaborator to your app.

Additionally, please inform us of the specific page name where the issue is occurring (here or via dm). This information will significantly expedite the process and enable us to address the problem more efficiently.

Thank you for your cooperation!

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

I sent you a PM about this issue

1 Like

Hi, I bought this plugin and every PDF file has an empty last page. How can I change it? My PDF always has more than two pages.
Second question, could it’s possible to send this PDF via e-mail?

Thanks
Sebastian

ok, the problem with an empty page solved (moved everything to the one group and generate pdf only for this group).

Hi @sebastian.gosk,
Thanks for reaching out.

Glad to hear you got it sorted!

Sure, thing. Before sending the email with PDF links, please try to save a PDF URL into your Bubble database.

• activate the Upload file to AWS checkbox; Screenshot by Lightshot
  • add event “When ConvertToPDF A converting is finished”
  • add the action Create a new thing, Type = database table where you want to save the PDF URL;
  • set the field “PDF URL” (the column name where you’ll save the file URL) = ConvertToPDF A’s Output File URL Screenshot by Lightshot

And send email action: Screenshot by Lightshot

Also, please note that the result of the plugin work is a URL to the converted file, not a file itself. That’s why you should create a data type “text” in your app data. So, please make sure the “pdf URL” is “text” in your database

Hope that helps! If you have any further questions, let us know.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

1 Like