Bubble Page to PDF - New Plugin from Zeroqode

Can’t generate a PDF. Used to be able to, must’ve changed something in the thing I’m generating but can’t tell what or why there is an issue. Have removed page breaks to debug and same error occurs.

@ZeroqodeSupport

1 Like

@ZeroqodeSupport is this being looked at? Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello @georgecollier, :wave:

Yes, your query is being looked into. We appreciate your patience and will update you as soon as we have a solution, or require some additional details. :pray:

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team.

1 Like

Hi again @georgecollier,

We have checked, and the issue is not replicated on our end.

The error message “Cannot read properties of null (reading ‘getClientRects’)” suggests that there might be an issue with the element that the plugin is trying to convert to a PDF. It’s possible that the element is not properly defined or has been deleted, which is why the plugin can’t access its properties.

Here are a few general steps to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Ensure that the element ID specified in the plugin action matches the ID of the element on your page that you want to convert to a PDF.

2. Confirm that the element is visible on the page at the time the PDF generation is triggered.

3. If possible, try reverting to a previous version of your application/plugin when the PDF generation was working, and see if the issue persists.

If you’ve checked these points and the issue persists, please provide us with additional details (screenshots or a Loom video) about your setup including the steps you’ve taken, any changes made prior to the issue, and any other detail that you think might be useful for identifying the problem.

Looking forward to your reply!

Thank you for your cooperation. :pray:

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team.

Hello @usinelachine,

Hope this message finds you well.

We’re reaching out to follow up on the issue you experienced with the Page to PDF plugin a while back. Have you noticed any further issues, or has the situation been resolved?

Our team conducted a thorough investigation and identified a temporary server-side issue, which we believe has been resolved. However, your feedback is crucial to ensure that everything is functioning smoothly on your end.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. :pray:

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support team

Hello @ZeroqodeSupport , Recently the file has not been downloaded in Safari. Unfortunately, I was informed about this problem quite recently and I could not say with which specific version this problem began to arise.

Hi @bitanov.alexandr,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

We wanted to confirm that your message has been received and we will get back to you as soon as possible with more information.

Appreciate your understanding and cooperation :pray:

Best regards :hibiscus:

Hello @bitanov.alexandr,

Thank you for your patience!

We’ve conducted tests on the Safari browser using our Demo Page and successfully downloaded the PDF file. The issue where you or your users are unable to download could stem from denied permission for download for the website.

Could you please double-check this? To verify, click on “Safari” in the menu bar, select the “Settings” option, and within the “Websites” tab, look for a section titled “Downloads” on the left. Here, you should be able to locate your app’s URL and check its permissions.

Additionally, could you please open the browser’s console and, after initiating the “generate PDF” action, check if there are any errors displayed?

We will try our best to get to the bottom of this behavior. Looking forward to your response!

Hi - I subscribed to the pdf plugin and I’m having trouble figuring out how to make this work. I simply am looking to take html with a little custom css and create a pdf out of it. The html that’s on screen (or also stored in the database) plus the CSS I’m passing it for font color, type, and size.

Here’s an example:

I want this to print out in a pdf.

This is how it’s stored in the database

I am open to any way of getting the content formatting into a pdf. I’ve tried to target the ID Attribute of the editor but that (a) always includes the toolbar and (b) is basically a screenshot of the element when I’m looking for the pdf to honor margins and such. Is there a native way to create a simple document out of html in your plugin? Just take in html+css and create the document?

Thank you!

FYI, the ideal functionality would be very similar to your Print Pro action and would simply take in HTML and create a pdf. This is how that works in Print Pro:

Hi @dballiet,

Thank you for reaching out, and I apologize for the delayed response over the weekend :pray:

The way the plugin operates is by capturing a “screenshot” of either the linked element or the entire page, depending on your settings. Unfortunately, this plugin does not convert HTML/CSS code directly into a PDF.

For your specific use case, a potential workaround could be to temporarily hide the RTE (Rich Text Editor) element before initiating the PDF conversion, then revealing it again once the PDF has been successfully downloaded.

The process can look something like this: Create PDF button is clicked → Hide RTE element → Show HTML element (having the code you have saved to the database) → Convert to PDF. When Converting has finished → Hide HTML element → Show RTE element.

Regarding the behavior with margins, could you please provide us with a visual example of how the plugin is converting to PDF versus your expected outcome? This might help us identify a suitable workaround for your situation.

Looking forward to your response :pray:

Best regards, :hibiscus:

Thanks for suggestion on the workaround. Unfortunately “a screenshot” of the text wont work. It needs to honor the page size and layout dynamically. What’s crazy is that your Print Pro plugin handles this just fine.

This is the HTML editor:

This is the print preview from your Print Pro plugin:

Would it be possible to add the same custom html option to your PDF plugin?

Hello @dballiet,

Regrettably, we won’t be able to incorporate such a feature into the Page to PDF plugin. However, I’d like to point out that with the Print Pro plugin you’re using, there is an option to save HTML code to PDF. This can be done by selecting “Save to PDF” from the “Destination” dropdown menu.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and regret that we can’t fulfill your specific request in this instance. :pray:

Should you have any further questions or encounter any issues with our plugins, feel free to reach out to us here via the forum or directly via email at support@zeroqode.com.

Thanks for the response. I was aware of the workaround but that doesnt make it possible to attach a pdf to an email and send it as part of the process. I’ll continue my quest for a way to do this.

Hi @dballiet,

Yes, it won’t be feasible in this specific use case. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. :pray:

We hope you find the ideal plugin that suits your needs perfectly!

Should you have any more questions about our plugins or need further assistance, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.

@ZeroqodeSupport

Can you please confirm if this is supposed to work with the new Bubble Data Tables? They are not appearing in the downloaded PDF.

Thanks

1 Like

Hello @craig.morris, :wave:

Thank you for reaching out. We have conducted tests on this demo: zeroqode-demo-01 | Bubble Editor using the new Bubble Data Tables element, and it is functioning as expected in our trials. The tables should appear in the downloaded PDF when configured correctly:

We hope this clarification helps. If you have other questions or require further assistance, don’t hesitate to reach out. :pray:

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team.

Hello
How can i solve the problem like this;

Thank you in advance

Hello @sunnygim15,

Thank you for reaching out to us. :pray:

To better understand and swiftly address the issue you’ve encountered, could you kindly share more detailed information about your current setup? Specifically, we’re interested in:

1. Screenshots or Screencasts: Illustrating your workflow, particularly focusing on how you’ve configured the “Generate PDF” action and the element you want to print to pdf(especially its height and width)

2. Step-by-Step Video: A video in step-by-step mode capturing your process from the moment you launch the app until the error occurs would be incredibly helpful. This will allow us to see exactly what you’re experiencing.

Additionally, to ensure optimal performance, verify that you’re using the latest version of the plugin.

These details will help us reproduce your setup on our side and look into it.

Thank you once again and looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Is there any way to prevent an element from breaking across a page?

For example, in the attached image, the element “2.1 Restrict Administrative Access” is broken across the page break. I want the plug-in to push the “2.1…” heading to the next page. I tried fiddling with the “pagebreak id” field, but super-strange things happened when I tried to set that id to the Repeating Group element.

Any suggestions? Thank you!

John LaPlante