Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Bubble to React App or Bubble to React Native

Hello all,

My agency and I have used Bubble for years but almost every client we have built MVP/prototypes for on Bubble, move off of bubble into react, svelte or vue apps (we specialize in Svelte and react) one they get traction. After doing this dozens of times, I am thinking of making a product that automatically does this. I have put thought into it for months and think I know the way to go to build something like this, but wanted to get feelers from people.

Most likely would consist of a plugin to manage states, hooks, stores etc and then a compiler from bubble to React.

Who would use that? Want to get feels before I take time to build.

Best,
Joe

2 Likes

:raising_hand_man:

Absolutely. Does this mean ridding the vendor lock in?

1 Like

Depends on what you mean. If you mean locking into the product, I would probably just charge monthly on the plugin and then charge for maybe one click hosting? If someone just wanted to monthly subscribe to the package for state management and then get source code and host themselves I’m thinking I would just let that be. Maybe I’ll charge a one time fee if there’s enough value there but to start maybe not.

Not sure!

Sorry. I misunderstood. May e you can clarify for my slow brain :joy:

I thought you meant to take the app off bubble and port it to react meaning no more need for bubble and the app lives on its own server.

I mean taking a Bubble app and compiling it to a frontend framework (i.e react) codebase so you can self host, control what renders where and when (which bubble highly slacks at), etc. I love Bubble, especially for developing quickly, but it is always a temporary solution for a majority of my clients if they get traction. Then it’s to a frontend framework and I spend a bunch of time recreating what was built in bubble in that frontend framework.

So a react (or svelte) front end and bubble backend?

Otherwise we wouldn’t need a plugin anymore, right?

Sorry, I feel like I’m still not understanding somehow.

1 Like

I build my backends with ExpressJS or Flask but technically you would still be able to use Bubble as a backend. With API calls. Its more for the frontend then anything and you could technically plug and play your API calls into it if it’s built to do that. Haven’t thought of that yet though. It’s more for companies that use bubble for MVP and then move off bubble once they scale because it’s to slow, they want the IP, they want to self host, they want control over certain processes, etc.

For react native. It would be used more to take the react native source code, compile to IOS/Android and submit to app store a real native app (no embedding). That’s if I do react native compiler.

Why would bubble support that? Doesn’t it go against their business model?

If my app scales then wouldn’t moving from bubble include moving from the DB for the same issues?

As does moving an app, for the same reasons, from the bubble environment entirely without his help, right?

@gnelson Good question. Not sure but I wouldn’t really need there support. I would just be supporting there ecosystem similar to how the bdk native plugin does/many other plugins in the plugin store.

Yes. Absolutely! Which is why I just build my clients backends with code from the start.

1 Like

So, you’re asking about building a scalable fast backend and using bubble only as the UI/UX for them?
If that’s the question, there are better no code front ends, right? Appgyver comes to mind, which requires a backend anyway. Adalo and possibly Glide depending on app complexity.

This would be really helpful. We have been moving away from bubble’s backend to our own API’s as it gave us more flexibility to host some complicated logic that we struggled to implement within bubble.

But being able to host our own front end would be the next logical step as our team is familiar with react. The challenge is we want to avoid a full rebuild. your plugin would be super helpful for that usecase.

I would definitely use this, but seems like it would be very prone to bugs and if it didn’t work pretty reliably I would probably give up and not use it

Bubble would support it because it adds flexibility to the bubble platform… new users are much more likely to start building on Bubble if they know it can easily be converted to something like react if needed when the app scales up…
although I would think that of there is a big enough demand for the feature, bubble would build it themselves