Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

🗺 Bubble's Google Map Extender - New Plugin from Zeroqode

Yeah, I was looking for the former, we were hoping to generate the routes from Map Extender or Mapbox and export them to a Google Maps link which we could embed into a QR code for our routes which are printed ahead of time for our drivers. The drivers could then scan the codes on their phones and use Google Maps to navigate the preplanned routes.

Hi, @jcjags63!

This use case can be implemented with some amendment. You can use the QR & Bar Code Reader plugin, but the only thing is that scanning the QR code the drivers will be redirected on Google Map and there they can get directions manually. The idea is that, unfortunately, the routes won’t be marked on the map, the drivers have to indicate them by their own.

Best,
Zeroqode Team

@ZeroqodeSupport. Thanks for this plugin. I have purchased it to test and have these questions:

1. When Creating an optimized route is there a limit on number of waypoints?
  2. When providing a list of waypoints, can we provide a list of GPS coordinates? Any special formatting?

Thanks!

Hi @crathbun,

Thanks for reaching out.

There is no number limit for your Waypoints.

You can dynamically set the data from your GPS, but just make sure to use addresses only, because for Waypoints field you are able to input your list of addresses and not coordinates, unfortunately:

You can check our demo and its editor to see how everything is set up, as well as plugin documentation for more information.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Team

@ZeroqodeSupport is it possible to use your plugin to allow a user to set a location by moving a pin on a map i.e. Lat, Long for areas where googlemaps street info is limited?

Hi @apaulsen,

Thanks for reaching out. With Bubble’s Google Map Extender, you are able to add markers (pins) on your map by setting geographic addresses only, but if you want to work with Lat/Long coordinates, perhaps you can check the MapBox Maps plugin instead.

You can add pins on your map in any place even where street info is limited, but unfortunately you can do it with plugin action only, meaning it is not possible to move the pin on the map. However, you are able to click on the map and set pins on a specific location where info is not limited.

demo: https://zeroqode-demo-08.bubbleapps.io/mapbox-map
editor: https://bubble.io/page?type=page&name=mapbox-map&id=zeroqode-demo-08&tab=tabs-1
docs: https://docs.zeroqode.com/plugins/mapbox-maps-plugin

Hope it helps.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Team

Hey everyone! :grinning:

We are happy to announce that we finished redesigning our Demo page. Now it looks like our new web design. Also, we tried to make it easy and clear to use. Please check it out: https://zeroqode-demo-12.bubbleapps.io/map_extender.

Hope you’ll like it :slightly_smiling_face:

If you have any questions or suggestions please feel free to reach out to us!

Best,
ZQ Team

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport , Have you been able to build this function to export the generated route to your maps app? Do you intend to at some point?

It would be extremely useful.

Hey Bubblers! :wink:
THIS plugin brings Maps in your app to a new level :raised_hands:

:star_struck: Demo: Bubble’s Google Map Extender Plugin for Bubble

Best regards,
Veronica Kornilova
Marketing Manager @ Zeroqode
#1 Bubble Publisher and Developer

logo-icon-S-circle

100+ Bubble Templates
25+ Bubble Courses
250+ Bubble Plugins
20+ Bubble Building Blocks
Convert Web to iOS & Android
No-code Development Services
Zero Code Conference Replay - watch all the no-code industry leaders share their expertise

1 Like

So I’ve added the plugin and have it succesfully loading a GeoJSON file:

Previously we were just using the standard Bubble Google Maps element to display markers based on search results. Those markers no longer appear, do I need to update those workflows to act on the MapExtender element instead of the regular Map one now?

Hi @rtabula, thanks for reaching out.

Yes, in order to display the markers again, it is required to update the related workflows after loading the GeoJson file.

Please let us know if we can help with any other plugin-related questions.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

I’m running into another problem now – I have a workflow set for when the page is loaded, to add the GeoJSON to the MapExtender element. If I preview this page with the Bubble debugger set to “Normal” speed, it doesn’t load the GeoJSON. If I use “Slow” or “Step-by-step” it works fine.

Should I be using a different event to trigger the workflow?

Hi @rtabula, thanks for your reply.
To be able to help you with the issue above, please share a screencast of your setup (here or in DM)

• workflows, plugin settings, (for the screencast recording, let me please suggest using the Loom tool).
  • use case running on Normal and Step by step mode.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Sorry it took so long! Here is a screen recording showing the plugin settings, as well as the workflows and the behaviour in the preview debugger: Bubble Map Extender?

Hi @rtabula, thanks for the provided details.
The issue appears due to the fact that the map doesn’t have time to load properly before GeoJSON upload.

Currently, a possible solution would be to add a step with a pause between page load and GeoJSON load.

We will also check how feasible would be to add a new event within the plugin functionality (when the mapbox loaded).

Please let us know if there is anything else that we can help with about our plugin.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Ok I added a 500ms pause before loading the GeoJSON and also before applying the style and things are working now – thanks!

1 Like

Hi @rtabula, thanks for letting us know that the issue is solved. :slightly_smiling_face:
In case any other question will rise, you know where to find us :wink:

Have a nice weekend ahead!
Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hi @rtabula, we also pushed a plugin update, that has added the event “When the map is loaded”, which you can youse within your case.

To check available events and actions, please upgrade your plugin to the latest version (Version 1.32.0: added event "map is loaded ) and give it a try.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hmm the new event doesn’t seem to be working. I have the following workflow:

The Map Extender element is set to not visible on page load, the workflow should make it visible then load the GeoJSON and center the mapextender on an address, but the actions don’t run (as if the event isn’t triggering properly)

I tested with the MapExtender element set to visible as well and it’s also not triggering the workflow.

Hi @rtabula, thanks for your reply.
Kindly note that within your workflow there are mutually exclusive conditions.
When the plugin element is visible on the page - only after that will trigger the “A Map is Loaded” event. If the plugin element is not visible - all other steps will not trigger.

According to the conditions shown in the screenshot - both conditions try to act simultaneously and fail.

Hope it helps. Please let me know if we can help with anything else related to our plugin.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team