Bug in multi dropdown display?

I’m having trouble displaying values in the multi dropdown field. Here is the scenario:

1. I have a Type “Contact” that has all my people. As part of the “add” or “edit” contact popup window, the user has the ability to add Tags to the “Contact” thing using the multi dropdown display.

2. In the popup window, I can either a.) choose a tag from the static choices or b.) add my own. In both cases, these save as expected to the database in the field “tags”.
    step2

3. [Error] Now, when I open up the edit window again, the only tags that appear are the ones that match the static list, not the values from the database. I’ve included screen shot of both front end and configuration for the field, where my Default Value is (I believe) correctly set to Parent Group’s tags.

So, is this a bug or did I configure something wrong here?

Thanks in advance,
Joe

P.S. I don’t want to set up the Choices style as “Dynamic” because this does not allow the user to enter new values. That option is only available via “Static” (which is fine with me).

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.