Building a complex web-app (first time user)

Hi folks,
A new user trying to build something complicated and running into some silly bugs (have spent a lot of time on the documentation and forum). Would highly appreciate your response on the questions below.

1. First of all, I am trying to build something like this - https://youtu.be/3zJC8m70aZA in Bubble.io. Do you think it’s possible? Just to clarify, I am only referring to the frontend.

Here’s my current try -

Code -
  1. Just for a try, I used the pexels image search of text I type. But I wanted to refresh the image only when I press the search for image button. I can’t seem to figure out how to do that. Currently, it refreshes automatically as I type.
  2. I also wanted to have a default image come up in that section when the webpage loads. How can I do that?
  3. I tried to store a ID for actor selected and music selected (and print it where you see “asdasdsd”). But I kept on getting the error prompt “You’re trying to change a field not a thing” etc. I wasn’t sure if I should create a different data type to store this or add this as a field in User datatype itself. I went ahead with later, but couldn’t figure out how to change the Actor ID or Music ID based on the clicks. Can you please help?
  4. Our company’s API takes say 5-15 mins to process the data and send the video back. Is it possible for us to wait to hear back from the API for that long? Any documentation I should refer to, to get started with this external API integration?
  5. I ideally want a play pause button in audio but the plugin that you see is the best I could find. Just to confirm, audio is not a natively supported file format in Bubble right? (similar to say image).
  6. At scale, are we allowed to edit the database programmatically? (Add say thousands of background music and models in the backend).
  7. This is very important - Our current user authentication flow is on Firebase (and our backend is on Django FYI). Can I use firebase to authenticate users on this panel itself instead of using the native sign up process on bubble? I at least need the creds to sync between the two.

Thank you so much for your help!

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.