Building a marketplace - onboarding seleers

Hey all,

I’m trying to build an MVP for a C2C second-hand art marketplace on Bubble. One problem I’m encountering is relating to payments and onboarding sellers. In particular, the know your customer (KYC) requirements.

For example with Stripe Connect, when I go to register a user as a seller, they are redirected to stripe, where the onboarding process includes fields such as 'business URL, business address, tax info etc.) and my sellers are unlikely to have a ‘registered business’. Paypal, on the other hand, does not seem to be supported very well on Bubble and ‘Paypal for Marketplaces’ seems limited to large enterprises.

Has anyone built a marketplace and found ways around this? Essentially I’d like to onboard sellers using the least amount of fields possible, but while being compliant with regulations

Thanks!

1 Like

You can accept the payments on your account. Integrate with a KYC API and then payout to external sellers manually or by using a bank with an API =)

Payments could by by bank, western union or any other method.

Screenshot from Western Union API.

Hey @nocodeventure, thanks for the reply.

I’m not sure what this entails exactly. Would that mean no longer using Stripe? What would the workflow look like?
Do you have any examples of these KYC APIs? Would using an API not just require me to gather the required information myself anyway?

I don’t have examples. You can try searching on Google for KYC API’s

I’m in the exact same boat. I’m sure that this is an issue that’s been experienced by others. I wish someone out there would chime in.

@nocodeventure will your plugin help with a more streamlined Connect onboarding for non-businesses and payouts to them?

I don’t have a plugin for KYC, you could honestly use any of the available Stripe plugins to streamline the connect process. I believe however that my plugin is the most extensive one at the moment, correct me if I’m wrong.

Streamlining your connect process is a bit vague as it also depends on local regulations, Stripe does take care of that but to prepare for that, you’ll have to dive into Stripe’s documentation or connect with their support team.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.