Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Building a Native Mobile App

Hi

So I want my app to be available on the App Store with native features such as push notifications, payments etc and I want the app to run nice and smooth. I have noticed a couple of converters such as BDK and Nativator, has anyone used these before and can you explain how it works and how good they are?

I have some initial questions:

• Given you have created your bubble app as a web app for browser use, do you need to create new pages etc for the native conversion?
  • Can you easily make changes and update the native app?
  • I notice the options when you click a page inspector for “Mobile Version” and “This is a native app”, what do these do?
  • I want the “native app” to really feel no different to any other app on the App Store, is this possible?

Thanks for your help

1 Like

Hello @jamesh95

You can also use the free option Jasonelle :arrow_right: 10 min. to build a native iOS/Android app :large_blue_diamond: and save hundreds of $.

• I want the “native app” to really feel no different to any other app on the App Store, is this possible? yes, it depend how you design it. If you expect your application to be small, a one page for all pages is the best.

• I notice the options when you click a page inspector for “Mobile Version” and “This is a native app”, what do these do? You have to develop in responsive mode to have access to more features. Also, your app will work on standard web page if needed. One app one web. :wink:

• Can you easily make changes and update the native app? After compilation in native (iOS and Android), all your changes will be under Bubble, so right away. If you need to add some special native functions, then you have to compile again and send to the stores (free with Jasonelle).

also:

1 Like

Thanks for this, really helps :slight_smile:
Can you send push notifications, pay with Apple Pay etc and other native features that BDK and nativator offer?

BDK is based on Jasonelle. Everything BDK can do, you can do it in Jasonelle for free. The question is how much time you can invest learning versus buy the product in the box.