Building a predefined chatflow

Hey everyone !

I’m new to bubble and currently building my Saas. It is going pretty well I must say and I really enjoy it a a lot !

However, I need to create a “Chat Flow” like page, and I have no clue on how to do that, and if I can do it directly with bubble.

To give you some context, the Saas I am building is a B2B education tool, with a iMessage Chat format for the lessons. Those are pre-conceived lessons, with pre-determined paths according to the answer of the reader.

Here is an example of how it would look when the lesson is fully done : (the lesson is in French, feel free to ask me to translate if needed) and here is the prototype of the idea made by a friend of mine : app.vulpi.io/lesson/1

By the way, I don’t know any programming language. This is why I’m searching for a way to do that in Bubble.

I’ve started doing it with workflows, but the solutions isn’t really ideal, since I would need to create a complete page with many workflows, for each lesson (and there are more than a hundred lessons…). And it is not really optimized as well in terms of performance.

Does someone knows a way to do something like this ?

Thanks in advance ! :slight_smile:

Thomas

This seems to be a chatbot of some sort, right? Maybe you want to have a look at one the chatbot no-code tools out there. There are tons of them.
In case you want to mimic it inside of Bubble I would try to build some sort of chain with text snippets, something like this:
Create a db type “Questions” (this will be everything what Vilpi says) and “Answers” (these are the pre-defined answer chips for the user).
A “Question” has 1 text, 1 next “Question” and 1-n (= a list of) “Answers”.
An “Answer” has 1 text and 1 “Question”.
You can now chain these answers and questions in a row and thus build a conversation. 1 question triggers the next question text until 1 question doesn’t have a “Question”, in that case you use the list of “Answers” to show the potential answers to the user.

I hope it’s clear what I mean and I got it right what you try to do with your chatbot. My French is a bit rusty. :wink:

Hey Alex !

Thanks so much for your answer !

I think I’ve understood well enough your explanation. I will try to make it work tonight, and I’ll keep you updated :slight_smile:

Thank you :smiley:

1 Like

Hey Alex ! How are you doing ? :smiley:

I’ve been a bit late on my project lately, and have only put my head onto this.

I think I’m on the right path, here’s how the prototype looks right now (obviously, I’ve not spent much time on the design hahah) : https://youtu.be/W-9gI7SXefM
I have not taken the time to setup some conditionnals to hide button when no choice is needed, as well as the avatar, but I’ll do it for sure.

But I’m struggling with some aspects :

1 - How could I make chat bubbles appear with a slight delay ? Meaning that I want each bubble to appear one after the other (like if Vulpi was typing his messages)
2 - How could I make bubbles that are after the button above them, to appear only when a choice is selected ?

By the way, I am currently using a repeating group to build this chat, but I’m starting to wonder if it’s the right approach ?

Thanks for you help :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.