Building Out Project Management Logic

I’m building a project management app where the paying, subscribed app user is able to manually add the vendors being used to carryout various tasks to “their team”. The vendors are then able to create an account.

The logic is that user signs up for app → user begins to manually add “team members” via pop-up–> an email notification is sent to vendor to confirm email address and create log in credentials → vendor clicks on link and creates password for account → vendor is able to login and use platform

Should I be using the “user” data type for the team member table, or should team member be it’s own referenced data type? My concern is that the team members are technically not “users” until they sign up, but the app subscriber should be able to add them before they’re able to create credentials for the platform.

Backend not using the “User” data type

Don’t know if I’m setting this us right. I’ll also have a project dashboard with various projects and tasks assigned to multiple people in certain instances. I just need to understand if the team members should be of the user data type, or its own data type.

Hello @Lotusbuddafly

If you want Bubble to recognize users then you need to use the user data type.

To enable or not users from doing or not doing various interactions with your app, is a matter of conditional logic that you need to build.

You can build the UI and corresponding logic so that your approved users can signup/invite other users to the platform. This is done via this action >

Just research/read through the implications of using this action (bubble manual, youtube videos, this forum,. etc) and adjust whatever interactions/logic you deem necessary. One of them is that Bubble assigns a temporary password to that new user created by the above action. Only with that temporary password can they access the platform.

1 Like

This is perfect and just wanted I needed to learn. Thank you!!

1 Like