Calculate and save categories to database from user profile entry

Hi,

This is a newbie question. I’m mostly just playing around with ideas at moment. I’ve been using lots of helpful Youtube videos for answers but I think I don’t know what terms to search for. So I’d be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.

I have a profile entry screen for users to enter their date of birth and weight.
I have worked out how to save the current age to the database using the dob.

Now I’d like to save an age category and weight category to the database. Some of the weight categories are age specific. Are options sets useful for this?
If someone can give me the names of the functions that I should be using I’m happy to search for the answers myself and learn more along the way.

TIA

Do you want the users to pick age category by them selves or should this be saved automatically based on the DOB input?

Thanks your reply.

I’d like to the age group and weight category to be saved automatically using the age that has already been calculated from the date of birth entered by the user and the weight entered by the user.

Thanks again

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.