Calculate fields as number

Experts,

I have three fields which I grouped by status of tickets (yellow = open, red = pending, green = solved). Now I would like to sume three fields to find the %. Any idea ?

Best
Anderson

Hi there, @amunizbrr2… I must be missing something, but what are you trying to show the percentage of? Can the user click on one of the three boxes you have circled and see the percentage of that box to the total? Anyway, it should be pretty easy to do what you are trying to do because you are already able to get the count of the tickets by status. If you add those three counts together to get the total, you have everything you need to get whatever percentage you are trying to get.

Best…
Mike

1 Like

@mikeloc

I want to show the % = tickets_solved / (sum_total_tickets which is (open + pending + solved)

Best,
Anderson

Okay, so where are you stuck? You already know how to get the count of each status, apparently… so, take the count of the solved tickets and divide it by the sum of all three counts and then multiply it by 100.

1 Like

Assuming there are only 3 possible statuses for tickets (open, pending, and solved), then surely you don’t even need to ‘sum’ the 3 types, you can just get the count of all of them? Then calculate the percentage of each status, as @mikeloc says…

If there are other statuses, and you only want to know the number total number of those 3 statuses, then just add the count of each together - or better still just get total count of all of them from a search with relevant constraints…

1 Like

@mikeloc

I am stuck here but I didnt get right how to put the formula to do the calculation.

Best
Anderson

@mikeloc

I got it, worked.

Best
Anderson

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.