Calculate inverted scoring

Hi

I’m creating a quiz with a list of 1 - 10 questions.
where few questions will be inverted (Q. 4,5, and 8). How should I tackle this form of calculation?

Do you mean the question gives negative points? like if they get it right it subtracts?

Not necessarily.

For example.

1. INVERTED QUESTION - On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 = 10 points and 10 = 1 point, how successful are you?

2. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 = 1 point and 5 = 5 points, how successful are you?

How would I best calculate the points for it?
I believe the formula (x-5)*-1, would give me the answer, but how do include it in a workflow?

I always opt to make my life easier. In this situation I would not invert, because there is no value in that in my opinion, and I’d just make it normal point values.

I like applying the KISS approach to most things in Bubble.

But to do a math equation you can test a new feature allowing brackets and orders of operation in dynamic expressions or break the calculation into chunks and use custom states to hold the intermediate results.

In the app settings you can enabled the experimental option to enable parenthesis for more complicated calculations. I’ve been using it since it was released and haven’t had any bugs.

1 Like