Calculation displaying different results on different devices


I’ve run into a problem that I don’t understand. I hope someone can help me.

I’ve set up a calculation of ‘number of days remaining in current period’. The calculation seems to be working looking at the preview result I get on my iMac (Safari):

Schermafbeelding 2023-01-27 om 14.32.19

However, if I look at the preview on my iPhone (Safari) it displays a different number:

Here’s the calculation:

What is happening here? Why are two different devices showing different results from the same calculation?


Any help would be appreciated!

(The ‘Current User’s Startdag maand’ used in the calculation is 23).

The only thing I can think of is that the bubble is reading the current date/time on each of your devices differently so I would check your device settings or clock.


Hi Alex,

Thanks for your reply. I agree that would seem the most obvious culprit, but the timezone on my iMac and iPhone are exactly the same, so I reckon that can’t be the cause.


How stupid of me, on my iMac I ran the preview as the user and I didn’t on my iPhone. So my iPhone didn’t know what the ’ Current users Startdag maand’ was and counted it as 0 instead of 23.

When I run the preview on my iPhone as the user, it displays the remaining days correctly.

Problem solved!

Classic mistake :rofl:

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.