Calculation displaying different results on different devices

Hi,

I’ve run into a problem that I don’t understand. I hope someone can help me.

I’ve set up a calculation of ‘number of days remaining in current period’. The calculation seems to be working looking at the preview result I get on my iMac (Safari):

Schermafbeelding 2023-01-27 om 14.32.19

However, if I look at the preview on my iPhone (Safari) it displays a different number:

Here’s the calculation:

What is happening here? Why are two different devices showing different results from the same calculation?

:thinking:

Any help would be appreciated!

(The ‘Current User’s Startdag maand’ used in the calculation is 23).

The only thing I can think of is that the bubble is reading the current date/time on each of your devices differently so I would check your device settings or clock.

Best,
Alex
dowcoaching.com

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your reply. I agree that would seem the most obvious culprit, but the timezone on my iMac and iPhone are exactly the same, so I reckon that can’t be the cause.

Regards,
Remco

How stupid of me, on my iMac I ran the preview as the user and I didn’t on my iPhone. So my iPhone didn’t know what the ’ Current users Startdag maand’ was and counted it as 0 instead of 23.

When I run the preview on my iPhone as the user, it displays the remaining days correctly.

Problem solved!

Classic mistake :rofl:

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.