Calendar Google Offline error

Hi guys @levon @ZeroqodeSupport,
I subscribed to the plugin Calendar Google offline, did everything as stated in the plugin and it still does not work. The same message keeps appearing stating invalid authentication credentials. The first time I signed in to authorize the app I could get data from my calendar associated, but after that in never worked again. The way my user is structured is that the main email is never a gmail account because it is for my employees so it is company email used. Could that be a problem?

Hi @paulogustavopeixoto,

Thanks for reaching out. We can see an open thread via our forum, here. So we’ll monitor it for further updates.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Team

@ZeroqodeSupport do we need to do anything to keep the calendar integration from not working when the user is not on the app?

I’m getting an unauthorized error after a few hours of the user being offline. How is the refresh token stored here?

I got this plugin installed on a client app and trying to debug this for him asap.

Hi, @nocodeventure!

Thanks for reaching out!

Keeping the user authorized in a google calendar, I’m afraid, doesn’t depend on the plugin or its settings. It is more related to Google Policy. The access token is expiring during a certain period of time and because of that, the user needs to authorized once again. Here a link to a google documentations that might be helpful.

Best,
Zeroqode Team

I understand, according to the documentation. A refresh token, that should somehow be utilized from our side, needs to be used for getting a new access token. To simplify my question, how is this plugin storing the refresh token?

I don’t want to be mean here but I’ve seen this questions multiple times on the forums and wanted to ask the question here for everyone to see and benefit.

Hi, @nocodeventure!

Unfortunately, currently, the plugin doesn’t have an option to update the token through the old refresh token. Anyway, we have taken into consideration the possibility to add this feature in the future updates. We need to see how feasible it is to implement. In this case, I’m afraid we cannot provide the exact time estimates but you can be sure, once we have relevant info, we’ll let you know. Thanks for understanding!

Yes, you are totally right. Thanks for pointing this out! You help us become better :slightly_smiling_face:

Best,
Zeroqode Team

1 Like

Oké, looking forward to receive an update once it does. Thanks!

1 Like

Can you update your plugin to not have the offline support on it? Since it doesn’t work.

Hi, @nocodeventure!

We are working on updating the plugin in order to add a feature so the plugin could update the token through the old refresh token. I’ll get back to you as soon as it’s done. Thanks for understanding. :pray:

Best,
Zeroqode Team

That would be awesome, I have a client waiting for it :slight_smile:

Hi, @nocodeventure !

We have updated the plugin and docs - “Added new API Call for a refresh Access token” so that there is no need to re-login within 24 hours. Please upgrade the plugin to the latest version, refresh your app and give it a try again.

Best,
Zeroqode Team

1 Like

Is there documentation on how to store the refresh token prior to using the workflow? I haven’t looked yet.

Hello @nocodeventure

Sorry for delayed reply :pray:

Here’s the link to updated documentation with newly added changes - https://docs.zeroqode.com/plugins/google-calendar-+-offline-plugin#introduction
Please check it out!

Regards,
Zeroqode Team.

1 Like