Can Bubble do a form that generates an image?

Hey everyone :grinning:

Hope you’re all well.

I am currently working on a website for a non-profit that organizes trainings.
I’m fairly new to Bubble! I’d like to do a complicated form on which the following occurs :

1. Users answer a simple form
  2. Based on their answer, we generate an image that represents their answers
  • Ideally, each question in the form would generate a graphic shape in the image (question B creates 1, 2 or 3 green circles, then question F can add 1 or 2 blue triangles, for exemple). The image is the composition of all answers.
  • Other solution would be to pre-generate the images in Illustrator and have the form tool just assign the people to the right image. Haven’t found a way to do that workaround either.
  1. Users can download the image, and receive it by email.
  2. Trainers can access the answers in the back end

I’m having a lot of trouble finding a way to do this 100% no-code! But I’m sure it’s feasible :slight_smile:

I’ve looked into Typeform and Bannerbear but they don’t seem to be able to do that.

I would be so grateful for your help :pray:
If someone can assure me that’s doable within reason in Bubble! Even if you can very quickly tell me what to look for :fearful: That’d be awesome!

Good day!

Josselin

Hello, i have done something similar to this BUT using dropdowns and the plugin “Air static dropdown labels”. This plugin allows your dropdown options to be one value and what the user sees is another value. I created a data type (example: images) and in the data type is fields; image & number value. On my form the dropdown would be option 1, 2, 3 but the value was just 1, 2, 3 etc. Then when the user completes the form it would get the SUM of all the dropdowns and choose the correct image with that value. Keep in mind not all dropdowns can be 1, 2, 3. I did a few 1, 2, 3 and others 10, 20, 30. because if two dropdowns that have the same value 3 would equal 6. And a dropdowns with 4 &2 would also equal 6. So in my example it would be 33 or 42. You get what im trying to explain? lol. anyways the images would all have those different values and it would use whichever one equals that same value…

Alternatively, if the images are simple you can show/hide shapes on the screen based on the checkboxes and then use a PDF Converter to get that image. I have only done this with PDF, i do not know if there is a plugin for images (JPEG OR PNG). The pdf plugin i use is from zeroqode and works flawless. I have workflows that make PDF’s 80-100 times per day for my users forms.

if you need a little more explaining let me know or share me a demo page i edit for you. :+1:

1 Like

Amazing feedback ! Thank you so much Joseph !

Wouldn’t have thought of it myself :slight_smile:

I have tried it and it has certainly a lot of possibility, I think it will help people coming back to this thread!

In my case, I have some particularities in the projet that won’t allow this solution to work, but thankfully I was able to do it this way :

1. Take questions in a form in QuestionScout. They make forms in which you can specify a value for an answer and display another string (much like your solution, thats what led me to them! :))

2. Send the data to an Airtable in which I use some formulas to define graphic elements in the image that will be output.

3. Generate the image in Bannerbear, from that data.

4. The three steps are connected through Zapier which is super awesome. It sends an email in the end, to the person who filled in the form in the beginning, with their image :slight_smile:

I’m glad i’m done with this ahah.
Not using Bubble but your comment certainly helped me find QuestionScout ^^

Thank you again!
Great day to you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.