Can you extract file size info?

Wondering if there’s a way to read the size of an uploaded file to the DB. Without messing with Bubble’s 50mb limit, I want to be able to read the total size of files uploaded per user to set restrictions. Client wants to monetize on their total upload size.

4 Likes

Hi @romanmg, I need that now! Have you find something or fix the challenge ?
What it will take to create a function to read the file info (size in Kb or Mb) @emmanuel? Any idea?
The actual audio player CirclePlayer can read that info?
Thanks.

We don’t have this feature currently.

What will be the Sponsor Price to do it? Like for next week @emmanuel ?

Reach out by email to talk about this. Don’t know how feasible it is with our current infrastructure.

Hi @JohnM, yeah, client decided to hold on any features that include reading file size so I never moved forward with it. If it ever becomes an available piece of data to read, it’ll still be quite useful I think!

1 Like

Any solution out there for this issue already? :slight_smile:

Yes, I think this would be very useful feature.

AnyTable’s ImageFile’s file size: bytes

A workaround could be:

After saving the file, retrieve the URL of the image and put it through a script that can determine the size from a URL. The result of which, you save to a field called something like ThisFile_Size.

I am going to try for a project where I need to make sure the preview is smaller than the actual image as manner of a data entry double-checking process to limit user-operational errors.

Hi, @mente12- old topic, but did you ever find a solution for this? I’m trying to extract the file size from a database image as opposed to one from a file uploader.