Can you move a Custom State?

I have a couple of Custom States that contain lists that are used by a large number of elements and calculations.
I’ve now made an improvement to the page and need to replace the object they’re saved in.
Is there a way to do this without going through everything to update the reference to them all manually?

It depends of what element you have put the custom states on…
One solution may be → Copy and paste this element with workflows (the states of this new copy will not carry the reference, you can delete the states on this new one) → Substitute your old element for this new element (in a functional way)

Place the old element (with the referenced states) in another place, you can even “Replace this element” for a group, and make it 1x1 pixel in a corner of your app

1 Like

Unfortunately, I do not believe this is possible. But if someone can show otherwise I would be very excited to see how.

1 Like

Thank you. This guided me to a solution…I basically created a new cloned page based on the original one and put the elements that contained CSs in a group then hid the group beneath what i’m going and set it to be invisible. This has two benefits for me…firstly, if I need to revert to the stuff I’ve replaced, I’ve still got it. Secondly, and most importantly, it keeps the CSs available to use SET LIST in a relatively small number of workflows rather than having to change everything throughout the app.
Thanks you

1 Like

Nice!!! that’s good to hear :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: