Cancelling out of Edits when Autobinding is on?

I have a PopUp that enables Logged in User’s to edit their own Contacts.
The Contacts fields have Autobinding switched on. A User can make a change, hit Done and all is good.
However, if a User wants to cancel out of making Edits so the PopUp closes and the record reverts to what it was before they started, this becomes problematic because, obviously, Autobinding on the fields has “saved” the edit instantaneously.
Is there a way round this other than to NOT have Autobinding on and to have a Done/Save button that saves the changes via a workflow and have a separate button that simply closes the PopUp without saving changes?
I have a feeling I’ve answered my own question here but I’m wondering if someone can point me to a simpler way round this.

Hi there, @joefarrowsmith… as you suspected, you have answered your own question. Well, I guess that’s not entirely true because I can think of other options, but they are all going to involve you jumping through hoops just so you can pretend auto-binding isn’t, well, auto-binding. So, if it was me, I would weigh the pros and cons between auto-binding and a user needing to cancel their changes, and then I would implement the functionality accordingly and move on. Oh, and if the answer is they kind of need some sort of hybrid, I would err on the side of skipping auto-binding and just go with the save button.

Anyway, just some food for thought there.

Best…
Mike

1 Like

You’re right Mike. Thanks for the confirmation.
I’m scribbling out a process right now.
All the best
Joe

1 Like