Can't access page custom state when creating record

I am attempting to save a list of category options to a field named Categories (of type category and “List” selected). The options are stored in a page level custom state called “List of Categories”.
I have been following this video Create and save list selections | Bubble.io Tutorial - YouTube step by step. However, when it comes time to add the list to the field, the page’s custom state is not among the options available. I also tried it with the custom state applied to a group on the page instead, but that didn’t work either. I’m at a complete loss and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hi there, @tacknstock… a couple of things come to mind here. First (and I’m guessing you already know this, but it can’t hurt to throw it out there just in case), any time you want to reference a custom state, you must first select the page/element with which the state is associated, and then you will be able to reference the state itself. Second, I’m sure the custom state’s type is category, too, right?

If neither of those things help, you might want to share some screenshots of your setup, and I’m sure someone will be able to help you figure out what’s going on.

Best…
Mike

Hi mikeloc. Thanks for the quick reply. The page itself (called “add_page”) isn’t one of the options available. That’s the problem, and when I tried adding a custom state to the parent group instead, it wasn’t an option either.

I’ll grab a couple of screen shots today, but I’m wondering if the problem is because the data comes from an option set, not records in the database.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.