Can't figure out repeating group source

Hi all -

I’m building a simple drag and drop email builder.

When the button “My Templates is clicked,” I want to create a popup that shows all the templates that have been saved. I created a repeating group to do this (assuming this is correct?).

But I’m struggling to figure out what the Data Source should be to pull the current user’s saved templates (not every user’s templates) and display them inside the repeating group to be clicked on and then imported into the email editor.

Screen Shot 2021-04-09 at 9.44.00 AM

Any ideas on how to accomplish this? The simpler your idea, the more brownie points I’ll give you :slight_smile:

Hey, how is your database structured? :slight_smile: :computer:

Hey! Here’s how it’s structured -

I’m a marketer - not a developer. So if you need more info than this about the database, please let me know :slight_smile:

Try something like:

Do a search for email templates with a constraint that creator = to current user

Wow, soooo many brownie points for you! Here’s how I set it up and how it looks now. Thank you so much.

You’ve been incredibly helpful!

1 Like

Great, instead of displaying the data when you click the button, try just setting their data source on the RG

Done :slight_smile:

I actually already had the data source on the RG set, just had an unnecessary data display in the workflow (which is now deleted).

Thanks again!

1 Like

Hey @hacker -

The repeating group is displaying great, but the buttons are not loading the template into the builder properly.

Each button is filled with “Current cells email template name.” The hope is that when you click on a button, the email builder loads the template you clicked on (i.e. Test 2 template).

But, I can’t quite figure out how to configure it. Here’s the workflow I have for the buttons currently -

I also ran it without the “export” action and still couldn’t get it to work (I added it in there to try anything).

Any thoughts on how to make this work?

Hey,

How is the template configured(not in the popup)? Is it inside a big group?

Not quite sure what you mean (and that may be the problem). I don’t have any knowledge on databases or how to organize/pull data content.

Each template is comprised of 5 field types:

• HTML
  • JSON
  • ID
  • name

This is what it looks like in the data types tab. Please let me know if I need to add something or if you need more info from me.

Thanks, but I mean in the “Email Builder” page, how is it configured?

Do you have a main group? If yes, when you click in a cell in the RG (repeating group), you can display the Current cell´s template in the main group

Sorry :see_no_evil:

To be honest, I’m not sure. I don’t think I have a “main group.” When a template is saved, it saves to a “created thing” which is the “email templates” data type.

Do I need to create a main group to hold the templates? How would I go about doing that?

By the way, how can I support any projects or businesses you’re working on? Please share a link or something I can navigate to.