Can't make the count function work

Hi Bubblers, trying to add sort order value to new items using the count function but keeps adding 1 to zero. any ideas?
Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 12.01.31 pm
Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 12.01.07 pm
Sort order is a number, and when I add stages they correctly display within the correct disease.
Thaks Cyril

Your count is zero and then it adds a 1 per sort order, thus 1 or am I missing something? If you share the app it would be easier to troubleshoot

yes, but the count of disease stages is actually 10 and so the value should then be set to 11 for the next one. but it returns 1 each time.

What is the best way to share app?

Curious
Share via : under Settings–>General–>Application rights
change to everyone can view
or everyone can edit
change back to private when you have a solution

workflow location

I took a look; made a test account. I can’t actually see this workflow in action because I don’t meet the conditions to add a stage (looks like this is curator/admin access to the button). I think I see what’s going on though. Make sure you add the Stage you create to the Disease’s Stages . After “Create a new Stage” use Make changes to a thing --> Parent Group’s Disease: choose Stages add Result of Step 1.

None of the Diseases have any stages associated with them, thus there’s nothing to count.

thanks, @grottofilms . yes curator/admin has access to button.
yes, I was missing that step assuming that when I had nested the data item it was also added to the list… fixed now.

1 Like