Cant see the wood for the trees

Hi All

After some help on how to have a group heading, spent far too long on this and keep going round in circles, i am sure it can be done easily, but can’t figure it out.

Scenario:

I have a thing, which contains products
Product Type - so for example Bakery, Fruit, Vegetables.
Product Name - Bread, Scone, Apple, Pear, Carrot, Onion

I want to display the current products grouped by the Product type, but on the first item in that group i want a heading to say the product type (Not repeated), i usually create a single header table that uses when index is 1 then show the group, this time though the header could be anywhere as the number of products can vary.

I have attached a image of what i am trying to achieve, not sure if i need a repeating group to gather the “Product Type’s” unique items and then place the group header along with another repeating group of the “Product’s Name”.

Bakery Example

Any help really appreciated

Thanks

1 Like

Here you go!

Demo
Editor

Hi there,

You’ll want to just use a search constraint for the sources and set that to Type=Bakery for example.

So you’ll have 3 repeatinggroups, each RG with a different source. Your source expression for each might be ‘Do a search for Products’ and set the constraint to be the relevant type field of the for each.

You’ll need three different groups (don’t use a RG for the types) and then have a text heading for each group that displays the type you are filtering by.

Does that make sense?

Reece

I think he needs the number of categories / types to be dynamic, so have suggested a grouping approach using RGs.

Thank you very much, worked a treat.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.