Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Charge to Post on Classified Site

Hey everyone! I’ve created a niche classified site for my users and I need to charge them when they post on the site. I don’t store any personal information about my customers. I need to create a workflow that integrates PayPal where the customer pays the fee, the PayPal API returns a status and if the transaction is successful, the customer is able to proceed with submitting their post.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance for your help.

As long as your users are logging into your app, you should be able to set up a webhook from PayPal to run a backend workflow in your app to update a field on your user. Based on this field, you could have a condition on your workflow to allow or disallow a post. :slight_smile:

Hmm… but that’s my dilemma. My users don’t log in. What I need is for PayPal to return a status through the API that would then trigger a successful or unsuccessful payment notification; with a successful transaction enabling the button allowing the user to post their listing.

@callidusxi

Bubble records the data on logged out users for three days.

You could either wing it this way in case this is not an impediment.

But, given that a payment s involved I would not implement an application like this and would strongly caution against it.

Users submit their email with listings and I plan to capture the transaction id when I store a record of the listings. They’ll also have a receipt from PayPal. I don’t see it as an issue.

With that email you can create them an account in Bubble :+1:t2: and hold the payment data indefinitely

1 Like

Good call. I’ll look into implementing it that way. Thank you!