Chart help - grouping a field with multiple entries

I have a table “log” with a column “tags”. The “tags” column can have multiple entries from an option set. A user could have many rows in the “log” table.

I would like to make a bar chart showing for each user, the count of each tag across all of their logs, but I’m having some difficulty. Any help would be appreciated!

1 Like

Hello @akam ,

Could you provide further clarification to assist me in offering better advice?

Specifically, are you seeking the frequency distribution of tags? This entails representing the tags’ names on the x-axis and their respective frequencies on the y-axis.

Additionally, do you have a legend available?

Lastly, I’d like to inquire if you have any filtering capabilities in place.

@NoCodeDataArtisan Yes, the distribution of tags. So each bar = a tag option, the height is the count of that tag.
As far as legend, I don’t think I’ll include one with the chart.
No filtering, a privacy rule takes care of showing only the log rows that belong to the current user.

Considering these challenges and limitations, we have created a plugin for charts that has the ability to calculate the frequency itself and create a histogram for you.

newplot

You can use search for logs: each item's tag's Display to get list of all tags.

You can see an example here:
Plotly Charts | No Code Data Visualization (bubbleapps.io)

If you wish, we can give it to you for a trial period to make sure it works. Of course, the possibilities of this plugin are many and will meet all your needs.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.