Child Group Resize Handle Missing

Hi All,
I am new to new responsive engine.
I noticed an issue in group element resizing. When parent Group’s layout is other than Fixed ( Column, Row, Align to Parent), child Group resize handle is missing. Is it intentional behavior? Is changing the height at Inspector the only way?

Hi @dsivaa,
Yes the new responsive engine does not have the “handles” for resizing in the editor when the Container Layout is not “Fixed”. The reason for this is you’re not just dragging items around anymore. You’re letting the width and height parameters resize for you.

Alex Dow
Bubble Coach
dowcoaching.com

Yes, this is intentional behaviour in the new responsive engine sizing and layout is set in the properties editor for the elements (apart from when using fixed containers)

Thank you @bubblealex and @adamhholmes for your quick replies.
When resizing is possible using inspector, I wonder why not using the resize handles?
Disabling Top and Left handles makes sense. Right and Bottom handles will be helpful.

When resizing is possible using inspector, I wonder why not using the resize handles?

I guess one of the reasons might be, the question of which property of the element would you be setting by dragging a resize handle?..

The size in pixels? Or the size as a percentage of the parent element?

The minimum width? Or the max width?

You’d have to first define which property you were intending to change, and whether by pixels or percentage, so by the time you’ve done that it’s just as easy and quick to enter a value into the property editor than it is to go back and start dragging resize handles…