Clearing cell based on button click

I am new to bubble and need some help please. I have a group on a page that is comprised of 3 items: 1) some fields that contain values from a query, 2) some text input fields, and a 3) “button” comprise of a colored background + an icon. When the button is clicked I’d like to either clear the cells containing the database values or change their font to light gray. I’ve tried two approachs but haven’t figured out how to do this. I’ve tried a workflow action when the button is clicked but none of the workflow options clear the database cells (e.g., “reset” will reset the input cells but not the database cells). I’ve also tried experiments with conditional formatting of the database cells but can’t tie anything back to the button). I don’t understand how to reference the cells (e.g., “index’s…” or “current_user’s …”). Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Hi there, @ljmiller… if I understand your post correctly, it sounds like a custom state might do the trick.

When the page is loaded, set some custom states to the values from the database that you want to display in the inputs. Also, set the Initial content of each input to its corresponding custom state.

Then, when the button is clicked, clear the custom states (i.e., set their values to empty), and you should be good to go (you might have to clear the group’s data, too… not sure).

Hope this helps.

Best…
Mike

1 Like

Mike - thank you for taking the time to respond. I’ll experiment with your suggestions.

1 Like