CommandBar for Bubble

Hey fellow Bubblers!

My name is Jared and I work on CommandBar.

We have been building a Bubble Plugin which enables your users to search across data, navigate to pages, and execute actions, all in a single unified search bar.

It’s still early, so we don’t have an installable plugin to share, but if you have a moment you can check out the showcase now:
https://www.loom.com/share/53d769f2e1824c0eb2f06e6045e17d17

Does this demo give you any ideas :brain:? I’d love to hear what you think!

I’ll be checking this thread, and you can also fill out our feedback form.

[UPDATE} The plugin is now live here: CommandBar for Bubble Plugin | Bubble. Check it out and let us know what you think!

With this new plugin, Bubble Builders can activate and retain more users faster by embedding a configurable widget into their UI that provides onboarding and discovery nudges, a delightfully fast universal search bar, and a command palette for executing actions.

Perfect for any company looking to make key features more discoverable and increase user retention, the Bubble <> CommandBar plugin includes:

• Magical universal search so users can find anything, like data, pages, features, and help, from anywhere in your app
  • Nudges to guide users in the right direction
  • Checklists to help users onboard quickly

You can use any information from your Bubble app’s database in CommandBar, for example, create commands that are personalized to the current user. Create and trigger custom workflows within your app by wiring up commands with the Bubble workflow editor.

We especially recommend setting up the Magic Searchbar widget which enables you to make your entire app searchable. You can supercharge commands with information from your database, showing relevant metadata in results, like categories or preview images and title text or set up multi-step commands using option sets defined in Bubble.

Getting Started
To get started, you’ll need a CommandBar account (Get Started). CommandBar has a generous free tier, which enables you to use commands and unlimited nudges/questlists with up to 2500 monthly active users.

There’s a demo app (Jluxenberg-test-app-01) that you can try out, too (with doggos! :dog:).

If you have any questions or feedback, let us know in the thread below!

11 Likes

That’s pretty cool. Seems nice for power users of our platforms. I will keep this in mind for when people ask for this sort of thing. :raised_hands:

1 Like

I don’t have a specific use for this presently, but this is definitely one of the coolest plugin implementations that I’ve seen recently. Nice work on the demo!

1 Like

Hey Jared - I know it’s early - what’s your timeframe looking like to release?? This looks fantastic. I am also curious if the Bubble app was on a non-bubble backend like XANO - if you could also leverage the plugin to search across an external DB/backend.

2 Likes

what’s your timeframe looking like to release??

We are planning to have an initial release ready in the new year – targeting mid-January.

search across an external DB/backend

CommandBar works with lots of different external DBs and search backends! Algolia is a commonly used one, but anything with an API can be integrated. We will check out XANO.

Amazing news and great timing for me! Yes - definitely check out XANO - they are gaining a lot of traction in Bubble community.

Happy New Year @jared10 - excited to see another progress video :wink: How’s release timing looking?

It’a really neat plugin. Very much out of pricing viability for many users, but it is nice.

Hi @jared10 ,

Can you provide more details on what does it mean MAUs, I mean for example if it 2,500 MAU/Month, does that mean only users who are signed up to my app? or does it includes logged-out users too?

For example, an app that has around 6,000 Monthly active users, yet the visitors of the app "who may use the command bar or any search within this app are around 80,000 visitors each month, how will the MAUs be calculated for this example?

Thanks in advance.

Lifetime deal on AppSumo

Can you provide more details on what does it mean MAUs, I mean for example if it 2,500 MAU/Month, does that mean only users who are signed up to my app? or does it includes logged-out users too?

Great question, thanks for that @ahmed.khodeir.87!

A MAU is any user who visits your site; currently, logged-out users count against this total. However, if you have a small number of logged-in users and a large number of logged-out users and the MAU limits are an issue, please get in touch and we can work something out!

1 Like

Hey @jared10
I hope you are doing well.
I’m trying to implement CommandBar into my app for database searches. According to your video (1.CleanShot 2023-03-03 at 15.34.02 and 2.CleanShot 2023-03-06 at 12.12.11), I need to make data publicly visible and enable Data API, and the data will show up in the chrome extension. But I cannot see the data there. I have attached the screenshots below.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you!

1 Like

Bumping this. Searching private data is a key requirement