Comparing values between 2 rows in a repeating group

I have a repeating group which lists addresses. I would like to set up a condition where the format of first instance of an address is unchanged but all subsiquent instances format the text in red.
I’m having trouble figuring out how to state the “When” statement.

It seems to me that the “When” condition should reference the index of the prior row and then compare the value of the address with the address value in the current row but i can’t seem to put that together.

1 Like

Hi there, @neil.drori… I am going to throw this suggestion out there if only so someone can ridicule me mercilessly whilst showing you a much better way to do what you described because there has got to be a better way than using two searches/advanced filters in a text element in a repeating group. That being said, what I am about to show does seem to work, assuming I have understood your post correctly. So, what the heck, here is an example where users have addresses, and this is the condition on the text element that displays a user’s address in the repeating group.

Note that there are no constraints on either of the searches, and the second advanced filter is the same as the one being shown.

I’d say I hope this helps, but it’s just as likely to burn your app to the ground from a performance perspective as it is to help, so, um, you’ve been warned. Kidding aside, though, you could consider checking to see if an address is a duplicate when it is initially saved, but without knowing exactly what you are trying to accomplish, I have no idea whether or not that is a viable option for you.

Best…
Mike

Hi Mike.
Thanks for the tip. My list is fairly short so the performance impact is negligable and the solution works.
If anyone has a solution which would be faster I’d like to see it.
Best
Neil

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.