Complicated repeating group question

Hi all – Bubble user for two years and I’m stuck on something I can’t seem to figure out.

On my site, products are submitted and are displayed on the home page in repeating group, sorted per day. Easy enough.

Users, as an option, can follow companies, collections and categories.

As an example, Coca-Cola would be a company.
Coke Zero would be a product.
Beverage would be a category.
“My favorite things to drink” would be a user-created collection.

Ideally, I would like to have a repeating group that only shows the products, in order of their date, based on what companies, categories, collections each user is following.

Using the above example. If the user was following Coca-Cola, when Coca-Cola lists a new product it shows up in their feed. If an hour later, the beverage category had a new product listed, that product would show up in the same feed, and so on.

Thus, a user could have a custom feed, based on what they’re following.

To complicate things even more, “Date” is its own thing. Products, for me, have multiple dates. (Posting date, expiration date, release date, etc…) and the repeating group type is Dates → Products.

In review: A repeating group which would display “Dates”, who’s “Products” are found in “Categories”, “Companies” or “Collections” – that the user has opted to follow.

I don’t know how to go about doing this :slight_smile: Any advice would be appreciated.

Hmm… I don’t think having Date → Products is such a good idea.
What made you set it up like that?
Maybe I didn’t understand the significance of Dates.

Apart from that it should be pretty straightforward. I’d do a search for products and filter them by the products, categories and companies that the user followed.
Or possibly even merge 3 lists of products (current user followed this product / followed it’s company / followed it’s category)

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.