Compress image before upload

Hi,

Is there a way to compress/re-size image from camera/local folder before upload?

I need this to speed up pic uploading, I’m creating an app for mobile with pic upload by user intensively.

I already use croppie but seems it upload pic in original size first before processing

Tks in advance
Anwar

Hi @anwarsby :slight_smile: I haven’t tried this yet, but it looks like Kraken’s API may be able to accomplish this:

In their API docs, they state that you can upload files directly using a POST call. I’m not sure if this would be significantly faster than uploading the standard way, but it may be worth a try!

Hi fayewatson … tks for quick share info… :+1:Will give it a try

Anwar

1 Like

What you need is a javascript library that would do the compression on client side and then upload the picture. I am not sure if this is possible via plugin. It is probbbaly doable though

Using the PDF Insider tool, you can compress JPG/PNG image easily…

Normally when we capture an image, it contains a huge size [8MB on average in my Samsung phone]. We don’t have any control over this, we can’t even reduce the file size from the camera/local folder. But you can use an online compressor like Handyimg to compress your image quickly :slight_smile: