I’ve just finished my website but am having a bit of trouble with load speeds.
The website URL is https://artofwarconsulting.com/
I have included what I hope will be sufficient detail below, but I am seeking guidance on:
- Do I actually have a problem? When I open the page in incognito mode it loads pretty quickly - I would say within 2-3 seconds. Speed tests (results below) tell a different story
- Gtmetrix has LCP at what seems to be a good 1-2 seconds, but Lighthouse and Pagespeed are showing 13-15 seconds. Why are these results so different?
- Total load on Gtmetrix is still > 30 seconds, which seems like a big red flag. But how do I reconcile this with my own experience loading the page?
- Lighthouse and Pagespeed are showing a run.jps file of 715kb that is taking 5.4 - 7.7 seconds to load, and static.js which is taking 1.8 - 4.9 seconds to load. Why is this taking so long (surely 715kb isn’t that big…), and is there anything I can do to reduce the file size/speed this up?
The results from different tests are below:
- LCP 1.3s, total load 30.5s - Latest Performance Report for: https://artofwarconsulting.com/ | GTmetrix (Vancouver server)
- LCP 2.2s, total load 32.1s - Latest Performance Report for: https://artofwarconsulting.com/ | GTmetrix (Sydney server)
- LCP 14.8s, total load ? - https://pagespeed.web.dev/
- LCP 13.0s, total load - Lighthouse
Other important information:
- Installed plugins - AirAlert, API Connector, Bubble Plugins, Chart JS, Classify, CSS Tools, Fix Tab Order, Floppy: Local Store, Lists & More!, Input Mask, List Shifter Karma-Ware
- Only one, very basic text only repeating group
- No database content, except for the simple repeating group mentioned above
- No workflows on page load
- One ‘Do every 1 second’ workflow
Thanks in advance!