Hi, so I have made my app with a search functionality, I will quickly run over the workflows then explain my problem/query.
- User enters query to an input.
- User presses search button
- User is taken to results page, where in the URL is displayed their query as a parameter eg; 1.com/results?query=John%20Doe
- RG then does Search for Nominal where Any Field contains the query (gets from URL)
Here I have a few problems…
- I only have a Forename and Surname field, so if a user searches for a full name it won’t display any user… yes, I can fix this by making a Full Name field but it goes against the principles of my web app.
- Due to the way getting data from URL works if I want to search by DOB for the nominal so I enter that DOB to the input, I won’t get any return as I get the data as a text and DOB is set to Date.
The list goes on obviously as if I have Data Field as a Number I won’t be able to search for a nominal by whatever field is a number etc…
How can I fix this? Or how can else can I do this search functionality?
FYI: Searching is done on the page PNC, then results will show on pnc_results. I have not set up searching on any other pages except as defined here.