Content replace other content when not shown

I would like to show a piece of content if another piece of content isn’t shown but also have the said content take the not shown content’s position in the group.

How would i do that?

It should be very simple with basic conditions… (or just using dynamic content… it depends on exactly what you’re trying to do).

If the content is coming from the database then just use that as the content’s datasource (with or without conditions, depending on the specifics of what you’re doing).

If not then just use a conditional to make one or other of the elements visible/not visible depending on the other one, and make sure it’s set to collapse when hidden.

I’m using an image slider that doesn’t have the collapse option. Am i screwed?

I also don’t have the “collapse when hidden” choice in most of my groups. Why?

I’m using an image slider that doesn’t have the collapse option. Am i screwed?

If it’s a plugin that hasn’t been updated to the new responsive engine then it won’t have that option… but no problem, just put it inside a group, and set the conditional on the group instead of the image slider. Then set that group to collapse when hidden.

I also don’t have the “collapse when hidden” choice in most of my groups. Why?

All elements should have that option in the new responsive engine, provided they are inside a responsive container (i.e. one that does not have a ‘fixed’ layout).

If the parent container layout is ‘fixed’ then you won’t have the option to collapse the element height (or width) when hidden (obviously, as the parent container’s dimensions are ‘fixed’).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.