Convert text to image?

Is there a way to convert or output text inputs (plain or rich) to an image? I want to be able to use text data entered in by users in a slideshow element since that element only displays images. Any ideas?

2 Likes

I wanted to do this but couldnt find a way

You could save each text input in the database, and then build a repeating group that contains a text box that displays dynamic text?.. possibly

I’m not sure what you mean by slideshow element. But doing the above ^ you could use a repeating group, and then have arrows on each side or something to view the next “image”.

Well, I’m interested in combining with other actual images within the image slideshow element (it’s a plugin) so that all items auto play.

Thanks for the suggestion though!

Your welcome

Ya, not sure how you would go about doing that… tricky indeed.
I’m not familiar with the plugin either. Good luck in the solution hunt!

Cheers,

Blockspring may have something like this, from a page to an image. SelectPDF does as well. But not for a single element.

Was hoping to get a solution from this old thread. Need this one and kind find any solution at the moment too. I wonder if @romanmg found a way to this

Just seen this. I’ll spit out a plugin for y’all for 5$. Be ready tomorrow

2 Likes

Nice, looking forward to testing it out!

Got any updates on this one, bud?

Yup. The good news is that there is a really easy to use npm package for doing what you want, so theoretically making this work in a plugin would be very easy. The bad news is that when I try installing the package in the plugin editor, I get several error messages (I confirmed that the package supports require btw)

I created a ticket about this, this is a big bug. It is not the only package I’ve been having troubles with recently but normally I can get around it by fiddling with version numbers. In this case, nothing will work…

Waiting for Bubble’s response

1 Like

Hope this gets resolved soon. Really looking forward to this plugin of yours!

I think it’s not a bug.
More likely it’s a limitation of the environment that runs the function that is missing some native libraries required by the dependencies of the package that you want to use.
I guess text-to-image is using node-canvas, but the server environment (AWS lambda I think) is missing the native dependencies. It’s a common problem with no solutions in bubble because you can’t use the needed workaround. See also this post.

Ah snap. That makes a lot of sense actually. There’s one workaround though, I can make it frontend using browserify

You already have the canvas in the browser. It’s nodejs that is missing it.

Yeah @dorilama I can confirm that Bubble got back to me and they have no plans whatsoever to ever port the required server-side components to allow us to use node-canvas.

There does seem to be relatively simple fixes for this, but given the uncertainties on their end, they were extremely hesitant to proceed.

Edit: adding Bubble’s response:

The fixes may be relatively simple if you use aws lambda directly.
Actually it’s not a bubble’s bug but a limitation of the underlying infrastructure. :man_shrugging:

This wasn’t the problem in the end.

Bubble team got back to me. The package size is 51MB, but the hard limit is 50MB for our environment. It was a bug, because normally the alert says that the package is too large. In this case, it didn’t.

Regards

So did you manage to use the packag e in the end?

No, I need to find a package under 50mb :maté: