Convert thing's fields:values to a list?

I’m trying to figure out if I use a repeating group to display a thing’s fields and values.

Say I have a thing called person, with {age: 36, nationality: “Antarctican”, occupation: “Banana Farmer”, hobby: hobby}.

Can I do a search for persons:first_item then convert this first_item to a list, and then use that list to feed the repeating group?

Then in my repeating group cell I can say: current_item.field, current_item.value and it would create the list I need magically?

Secondary question: how would it display “hobby” if it’s a reference to a hobby thing? Would it display that data as per the primary key display settings of my data tab?

Not quite what I meant. You’re presenting a way to record an array as a value.

I’m asking whether I can get a single thing as an array to feed a repeating group.

:converted to list
or sometines you need to use regex

I tried that but it’s not producing the expected list…

1. My dataset

2. Then my repeating group setting:

3. But when trying to get the value (expecting something like “current Booking’s field’s name” and “current Booking’s value”) it is the same as if the thing wasn’t converted to a list…

The repeating group accepts an array of entities. You can store this array either in a variable or in an entity field.

Creating a list of entity fields is logically impossible. Fields can have different data types.

If your entity fields have the same data type, you can create a TEST entity with the fields [unique ID] [field] [value]. Using the endpoint, you can create TEST entities for all fields. For a repeating group, transfer the list of TEST entities selected by a unique ID. But why do you need such difficulties?

So, what’s the lazy man’s way to display the field_name : value tuples without having to build a form for each type of entity?

I just would like to get a quick pop up with all the pairs of fields and values of any type of element I wish.

Does what I’m saying make sense?

If you construct a list with Label and Value columns from the start without having separate columns you can use repeating groups with them and add or remove content as needed.

A popup can only be done for one type of entity. Each entity type has its own pop-up window.

Even on code, implementing your idea is difficult (but possible). It is necessary to write a data type determinant and convectors of this data, for example, in json. The biggest problem is if you have an entity in the field consisting of many fields.

Thanks. I guess that would be a work around, but I wouldn’t be happy with this architecture.

It would be good to have some kind of group (similar to a repeating group) that could do this.