Convert your Bubble App into a Native App (iOS & Android)

Hello Nate, do you still use the bubble in qoins? I ask this because you are a company that grew a lot and used the bubble at the beginning, so I would be happy to know if you are still using the bubble.

Hi @machadoa953, we do indeed still use Bubble for Qoins, although it’s mostly for our backend now :slightly_smiling_face:

They download the file by clicking a text element that the workflow triggers a file download.

Hey @ben4! Send me a PM and let’s talk through your specific use case. I’m confident that you can accomplish that with our service, but want to get some more information.

Well I certainly like how easy it was to setup. However, I ran into an error on my login screen trying to use Google Auth. When I load it into your test flight app and click on the google auth link Google gives me an error, according to stackoverflow.com the issue is google does not like webview useragents and wants you to emulate a browser, I am not sure if the Codeless Academy is able to do that from within TestFlight?

Or is there another solution?

Thanks,
Erik

Hey @lindquisterik1! Great question.

You are correct, we don’t officially support Google Auth within our native apps, as Google doesn’t allow it to happen within WebViews. However, some of our customers have been able to successfully figure out workarounds with using our solution. Here’s one example:

So while it’s something that we aren’t really able to offer support on, it does seem that there are ways to get it working!

2 Likes

Sorry, that is amazing to me. Why is this not simply resolved by properly emulating say a Mozilla browser, which would also meet Facebook and LinkedIn’s Oath2 requirements?

And given that I would prefer users use Google, FB, or LI as their login proxy, there is no password to be stored or hacked.

So not sure why it is not in your best interest to change the brwoser setting from useragent to moxilla???

Erik

Hi @lindquisterik1,

Any mobile WebView is prohibited, not just non-Mozilla browsers. In addition to that, iOS has more limitations on how you can actually change that. For example, even Chrome on iOS uses Apple’s native WKWebView.

And while adjusting the user agent could potentially trick the services into working, there’s a couple reasons why we wouldn’t do that:

1. It’s a bit hacky, and could cause unexpected consequences. For instance, if we changed a user agent string to trick a page into thinking it’s being viewed on a desktop, what happens if it causes unintended issues with a User’s plugins used in their app, or something else?
  2. Getting caught doing that would surely lead to that app being taken down from the store and/or banned. If Google reviewed your app and saw that you were using Google Auth in an unintended way, it wouldn’t be good.

We don’t support this right now, but it’s on our list to work on in the future. In the meantime, there are some workarounds as I mentioned above.

Dumb question:

We know Google Auth works on an iPhone and Android device, so how do we build native apps from Bubble that use Google Auth?

As I recall my recommendation is the one that is on the Google Auth webpage, and there are 4 other options, one might be to meet the Apple requirements.

When I get a few minutes, I will check and send you the link, if you don’t have it handy.

Erik

Hi all!!!

I Just want to share with you my experience with @natedogg Native plugin. First of all, I want to say that when needed you’ll receive quick support from Nate on any issue or question on how to build your app. That’s really a very positive point as building a Native app is quite hard regarding getting the approval from different app stores.
On the other hand, the result when building your app with the codeless plugin is great!! super smooth navigation and it really behaves like any other native app built with code. The feedback I’m receiving from my beta testers is very positive. This post is to share the great experience and result when using this plugin.
Congrats @natedogg! and thanks for your support!

5 Likes

Thanks @Diego! Glad we got you up and running and excited to see your app’s success!

Does your GPS functionality allow for GPS to continue tracking if the app is running in the background?

Hey @natedogg - Do you know if a way to stop the screen from zooming in when someone clicks to type something. Either for all pages or for one at a time?

Thank you :slight_smile:

I appreciate any help.

Keep text font size above size 16. Uncheck zoom for iOS in settings.

Hey @cmarchan,

I didn’t know that bubble had that setting. That is perfect ahah!

Thank you!

Hey @natedogg,

Just curious, I am wanting to use one signal for a chat app, am I missing something our can you not trigger a notification based on receiving a message? I was going to do something custom but I dont want it only working on page load.

Any help would be awesome, thank you!

Benjamin

Hi @xan.hong! We don’t currently support background location, but it’s something we’re working on! We’ve run into some roadblocks getting it to work but I’m optimistic that we’ll figure it out :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @ben, looks like you already received some help on this! Just wanted to add that if you see any issues beyond the solutions already suggested, try adding this to the page header in your Bubble app:

<meta name="viewport" content="initial-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0">

You can trigger Push Notifications from any Workflow! If you’re having any trouble, feel free to send me a PM or email us at support@codelessacademy.com. Happy to take a look on our end.

Hey @natedogg,

I know you said that this isn’t an option, but is there any way at all for this to work? I would REALLY love to have this done. I am pretty sure I know the answer though. My fingers are crossed however.

Hi @ben4, can you elaborate? I believe I offered solutions to the questions you asked above, are you referring to something else?

Hi @natedogg,
Thanks for the great plugin. Seems really useful. I have been looking at the features and am unable to figure out if the following functionality is supported:

Sharing info from another app to our native app. For example, currently I can share the URL from my mobile browser or a video link from YouTube to Whatsapp. I know we can already share info from our app to other apps i.e. we can be like the browser or YouTube in this example. But I want our app to be like Whatsapp in the example. Can this functionality be achieved using your plugin?

Akhil